Author Topic: Audi RS2  (Read 254438 times)

Offline AVP

• BHP: 11
Re: Audi RS2
« Reply #195 on: July 24, 2009, 01:28:24 am »
i tried reducing the afterstart % to 20 from 22 for cold and it seems to be working better.

my warm up enrichments are already quite low,so i don know why the car is quite that rich at the beggining. It also seems to last only a few secs so i bet it was the afterstart enrichment rather than the warm up enrichments.

will do more checks!

Offline AVP

« Reply #196 on: July 28, 2009, 01:50:29 am »
what do i have to change when it cranks up fine,but stalls after the first start? (then if i start it again it works fine)

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #197 on: July 28, 2009, 02:19:36 am »
You've been playing with your afterstart enrichment, and it stalls afterstart... ;)

Offline AVP

« Reply #198 on: July 28, 2009, 01:10:53 pm »
hmm,... indeed. i will then increase the time it lasts,but reduce the % of enrichment,to see the results

Offline AVP

« Reply #199 on: July 29, 2009, 04:08:29 am »
Not sure but i put the % back to 25 and the cycles to 120.Also made a change to the afterstart revs to 250 on idle as well as that lasting about 5secs to see.

initial thoughts are that it works... lets seee

Offline AVP

« Reply #200 on: August 02, 2009, 03:22:49 am »
Does anyone have any settings for the boost valve on the audi S2/RS2 that work?

im not able to configure the PID well enough to get the boost im asking for from VEMS.It appears that i always get a boost drop on lower gears,and only on higher gears does that change a bit and boost is kept better.

I dont want to go to boost controllers,esp, if a new firmware might be able to control the valve better.But until then,is there any other settings that anyone is confomrtable with,and with what wastegate spring?

Offline Quattro

• BHP: 1
« Reply #201 on: August 08, 2009, 04:25:37 pm »
I corrected the timing on his map (it was indeed off, that happened when I moved to using the hall inverter which shifted the value for TDC after the trigger).  I've sent him the correct details for his ecu.  The settings he was running had his curve retarded by ~5 degrees.

What setting was wrong in Megatune?
Are we heading to 1.1.44?
1.1.44 If the error-free and runs on the Audi?

the new target with eventually be the 1.1.5x branch.  I'm comfortable with 1.1.44 until 1.1.5x is stable.  The setting that changed is under primary trigger settings.  TDC after the trigger.  I had it set to 66, should be 56.

I use in Megatune with 1.1.27 :  TDC after the trigger 62!
62° this is correct!

56 was timing light verified for Vasilis. Do you have a cam hall inverter?

Yes I have the Cam Hall inverter under the Camshaftwheel.Aber whether this is on you now I can not exactly say.
Trigger tooth when a 0 is disabled or is then on???
My settings are:
TDC after the Trigger               62
Number of teeth on Wheel         90
Trigger tooth                            0
Next Trigger tooth                    18

TDC What settings do you use?

I have the TDC (62 °) with the Timing light determined.

Sorry for my bad english ;-)

Hello.
I have an Audi with Vems AAN box and 3b flywheel, bought more than a year ago and it was delivered with this:
TDC after the Trigger 66
Trigger tooth  8 !?!? but it works fine, have they made any change in the box's now so only the new box should have 0 and the old 8 or should i change mine to Trigger tooth 0 ?

I have a friend to that have the same config like me and works fine to!

I use 1.1.27beta4

Another friend bought one this year and got this:
TDC after the Trigger 58
Trigger tooth 0

Have an Audi 90q-85 20vTurbo with Vems ecu, also own 2 Urquattro 20v-90

Offline AVP

« Reply #202 on: August 10, 2009, 05:03:48 am »
it depends if you use the hall inverter or not.

im going to doublecheck the trigger setting next weekend as im going to a trusted garage to do it for me.
hopefully it will clear a few things out for me.

Offline AVP

« Reply #203 on: August 22, 2009, 06:39:16 pm »
It appears that this trigger setting is variable. Im hoping to finally check it on my car this week,but i did a test.

i changed mine from 56 to 57 the other day,without changing the spark table. The car on normal driving felt to be more 'restricted'.

i then increased the table by 1deg, and noticed that now the car is more lively again. I did keep the higher spark range low, and the car didnt knock obviously but it did seem to be going slower than before.

Also the table now looks to be more close to the motronic table i have,and i think that the strobe light will give me the final answer for it!

Offline audis2turbo

« Reply #204 on: August 23, 2009, 12:10:12 am »
It appears that this trigger setting is variable. Im hoping to finally check it on my car this week,but i did a test.

i changed mine from 56 to 57 the other day,without changing the spark table. The car on normal driving felt to be more 'restricted'.

i then increased the table by 1deg, and noticed that now the car is more lively again. I did keep the higher spark range low, and the car didnt knock obviously but it did seem to be going slower than before.

Also the table now looks to be more close to the motronic table i have,and i think that the strobe light will give me the final answer for it!

Hello,

I have set the Sparktable to 0 ° and then with the strobe light lucking whether the times vote.And then TDC nachgeregelt from 58 to 62!

How you use your knock control?Original Vems control unit???

Greets Marcus

Offline MWfire

• BHP: 35
« Reply #205 on: August 23, 2009, 01:10:44 am »

Hello,

I have set the Sparktable to 0 ° and then with the strobe light lucking whether the times vote.And then TDC nachgeregelt from 58 to 62!

Greets Marcus
did you turn off spark idle control?

Offline audis2turbo

« Reply #206 on: August 23, 2009, 04:09:40 am »

Hello,

Greets Marcus
did you turn off spark idle control?

yes i have it :-)
I don't use it:-)

Offline AVP

« Reply #207 on: August 23, 2009, 04:22:12 am »
if i turn off the spark idle control then how will i be able to check the spark angle at idle at least? the revs may be going up and down!

i thought that by doing the check with the strobe light and getting the reading off the engine, i would compare that to the reading that vems has, and if it is not the same,then i would have to change the trigger.

isnt that right?

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #208 on: August 23, 2009, 05:58:47 am »
even if the engine is not super steady you should just make the advance in the idle area 0´s or 10´s
then the advance will not change and you can read it off the strobe light.

If it´s off , adjust until it´s right.
Then you can turn on adjustable advance idle control.

Offline AVP

« Reply #209 on: August 23, 2009, 03:31:52 pm »
Thanks Gunnar!

i will make the change and report back!

i now got the turbosmart boost solenoid valve to try and im thinking of connecting it this way:

i was wondering if anyone else has tried this one before,and if so, what settings on the boost control did you use?This method of connection is recommended by turbosmart for engines that have higher backpressure,so as to keep the boost drop on high rpm to it's minimum.

thanks