Author Topic: Alfa 2.0 V6 turbo  (Read 254362 times)

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
Re: help with initial configuration for alfa 2.0 v6 turbo
« Reply #195 on: April 18, 2010, 03:00:40 am »
Make sure your req-fuel value is calculated correctly. Increase the values in the VE table by 10% to begin with, you probably need more than that in the end. If your req-fuel was not correct, begin with making that adjustment. If you needed to increase req-fuel you might be ok already with that change, if you need to lower it  then you really need to raise the VE table values.

It sounds plausible since it runs better with no MAP hose. When the ECU thinks there is atmospheric pressure it will double the fuel compared to the vacuum you normally pull at idle (around 50 kPa it seems).
You can kick-start the lambda readings using a terminal (Manmde02bye) and wait for it to warm up so that you get actual live lambda readings of the cold start. Makes tuning this a lot easier since you will know where you are fuel wise. You should run 0.8-0.9 lambda on cold start depending on th engine and for it to run smoothly.

Choosing Innovate to interpret O2 values in MLV is only for MegaSquirt users.
With VEMS you just choose the the raw lambda + lambdaTarget variables.
I'm not sure what you are asking.

From what I know the crank min period only matters with coil type triggers, not multi-tooth.
Just set it to 0. It should be greyed out but isn't.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 03:04:53 am by mattias »

Offline lost

• BHP: 2
« Reply #196 on: April 18, 2010, 04:51:58 am »
Thanks for info.
WBO was removed becouse i didnt wanted to overfuel it/burn it in case of bad ve table...
I was using VE and SPARK exported  maps from a guy that runs megasquirt on the same type of car, he says it's tuned on dyno. So strange it dosen't work. Maybe there is some other settings involved (other than req_fuel)

I got injector opet time @13.2v =   0
Is this "ok" ?

Il try your advice tomarrow and correct ve map.
Any tips on acc enrichment?

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #197 on: April 18, 2010, 08:13:58 am »

Your injector settings look absolutely fine. The rampup value can be tuned to compensate injector characteristics, leave the open time = 0.

Acc enrichment should be 0.2-0.3 secs at most, yours is 1.0 sec which is far too long. Always make sure you're not being fooled by AE when tuning.

Only timing maps are easy to transfer and it's the only really valuable info you can use from that other guys megasquirt file. Fuel calculations are similar, but can not be transferred easily.
Your timing map looks really odd.. no matter how "tuned on a dyno" it is,  my experience tells me there is too little advance at cruising load sites as well as too much timing at low rpm with high load.

Offline lost

« Reply #198 on: April 19, 2010, 08:52:49 pm »

I just connected wbo2 sensor, everything is double checked, wbo2 is not in exhaust, it sits on intake plenum, as i just wanted to make sure heater is working. And it works. when engine is off , i turn heater via terminal and after 60sec i get this reading 102 lambda... is there something wrong will it be ok when its reads actual mixture from exhaust.

I want to just monitor afr. But i also noticed that injector pulsewith is on massive 222 msec.
how to turn off that lambda correnctio so i dosent affect inj. pulsewidth?

step size is allready set to 0 but i belive this onley affects VE table.

Any info on that 102 lambda when wbo is not in ext. I cant remember is this normal, wbo is almost new, just calibrated a year ago and sitting in closet....
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 09:08:20 pm by lost »

Offline lost

« Reply #199 on: April 19, 2010, 10:50:52 pm »
It works ok when in exhaust....
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 11:24:26 pm by lost »

Offline lost

« Reply #200 on: April 20, 2010, 12:37:07 am »
http://hotfile.com/dl/38727490/af7336e/log_msq.rar.html

Here are log+ msq files, with diefferent timing table, car is at 90c idling...

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #201 on: April 20, 2010, 06:53:38 am »
Smooth out your VE map. It kind of looks like you have acceleration enrichment going on, but it's in fact just the high VE values you've got going there.  VE % does not go from 50% up to 70% just because vacuum changes from 50 to 70 kPa. It should be close to the same values at those pressures. Just do it slowly and maybe watch your EGO correction, see what it's trying to do to fix your bad VE map.

And about your idle. Lower it to where the stock engine usually idles, and make sure the ignition advance sites around idle ALL use the same advance. If you don't the idle may wander around and can also have a hard time to "settle down" because it is kept up at higher rpm because of higher advance in the map at the higher rpm.  In reality we should have a special idle advance map, but that's a another wish I have for future firmware updates.

Offline lost

« Reply #202 on: April 20, 2010, 07:02:17 am »
Great tips, Thanks.

I also have yours 1.1.69, with some changes, so i'l flash it to 1.1.70 tomorrow so i dont need to map it twice, as there is no way to import maps in vemstune.

Btw latest vemstune looks really nice & simple.

Offline lost

« Reply #203 on: April 20, 2010, 09:14:57 pm »
Im using 1.1.69 config from Matthias signature, flashed to 1.1.70 non ps2
Trigger settings are OK but i get this error.
Is it BUG or i missed something?

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #204 on: April 20, 2010, 09:39:56 pm »
I also have yours 1.1.69, with some changes, so i'l flash it to 1.1.70 tomorrow so i dont need to map it twice, as there is no way to import maps in vemstune.
I import all the time, what do you mean?

Press F1 for help in the primary trigger dialog for help on tooth width.

You should get no warning for tooth width wit my config, I didn't when I upgraded from 1.1.64 last time. Was the sanity check done when you had flashed to 1.1.70 and then opened and uploaded my config?

Offline lost

« Reply #205 on: April 21, 2010, 03:11:41 am »
I import all the time, what do you mean?

Press F1 for help in the primary trigger dialog for help on tooth width.

You should get no warning for tooth width wit my config, I didn't when I upgraded from 1.1.64 last time. Was the sanity check done when you had flashed to 1.1.70 and then opened and uploaded my config?

Yes, flashed to .70 then opened yours .69 and burned on vems, , and when i check it i get that error.

You can import .vex or .msq to get your old ve or spark table?

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #206 on: April 21, 2010, 04:04:37 am »
You can import .vex or .msq to get your old ve or spark table?
You can only import the old config/tables.txt or .vemscfg values. The point is to save the config in VemsTune before upgrading the firmware of the ECU. VemsTune can interface to 1.0.73 and you just save the config as usual. The only thing worth saving is the spark table so it's not a big deal if you only have the .msq (which you can't import).

Just double check the "tooth width" value, should be 6 degrees for 60-2, which is in my config. The reason for the warning is because this value does not exist in 1.0.x firmware, but obviously it generates a warning with 1.1.x upgrades too.

Offline lost

« Reply #207 on: May 14, 2010, 08:00:49 pm »
Is there a TERMINAL in vemstune, to heat-up wbo2 before starting?

Offline MWfire

• BHP: 35
« Reply #208 on: May 14, 2010, 08:10:17 pm »
Is there a TERMINAL in vemstune, to heat-up wbo2 before starting?
just start WB02 calibration from the Tools menu.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 08:51:43 pm by mattias »

Offline lost

« Reply #209 on: May 14, 2010, 08:31:34 pm »
On idle cca 1000rpm i egt is 330c, with motronic is 250c.
Lambda=1
Tried to change ignition +- 10 deg, same thing.

Any tips?

thanks