Author Topic: experience of running ALS with VEMS anyone?  (Read 9221 times)

Offline parxy

• BHP: 1
experience of running ALS with VEMS anyone?
« on: February 08, 2009, 04:26:20 am »
Hello...wonder if anyone has configured Antilag using VEMS. and knows of mods required  .
engine is 1JZ gte with
owens GT3076 turbo
tial 44mm ext wastegate
KU intake manif.
KU 80mm throttle bod.
800cc injectors
currently mapped at 1.2bar @480bhp (weston)

any advice/help very welcome :)
many thanks
parxy

Offline PeepPaadam

• BHP: 8
Re: experience of running ALS with VEMS anyone?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 10:50:55 pm »
Do you mean launch control with the intention of building boost on the standstill or antilag for maintaining boost between the gearshifts?
With ball-bearing turbochargers both are not recommended as this ruins ball-bearing turbos way faster than normal driving and regular journal turbos are not that sensitive though it shortens their lifetime also.

I've used launch on few drag cars, boost builds up  nicely.

Offline parxy

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 02:48:59 am »
Do you mean launch control with the intention of building boost on the standstill or antilag for maintaining boost between the gearshifts?
With ball-bearing turbochargers both are not recommended as this ruins ball-bearing turbos way faster than normal driving and regular journal turbos are not that sensitive though it shortens their lifetime also.

I've used launch on few drag cars, boost builds up  nicely.
Thanks for reply.....its to maintain boost ,...have had many rally cars with als ..and yes i know it shortens turbo life considerably, but gives almost instant throttle response esp.after a lift on throttle .....drift runs are quite short so its no issue......someone must be using it with VEMS ???
cheers parxy

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 03:04:53 am »
There are people using it, trouble is they're not always around over weekends so it might take a day or two in order to get an answer.

Offline parxy

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 06:43:16 am »
There are people using it, trouble is they're not always around over weekends so it might take a day or two in order to get an answer.
many thanks.....i think all imprezas should be run with ALS by the way.....will be very upset if you dont install it on your new beast :)
regards alan