Author Topic: Nitrous control  (Read 7046 times)

Offline Sprocket

• BHP: 29
Nitrous control
« on: August 23, 2008, 10:12:19 pm »
what options are available for using boost control as a sort of progressive nitrous control verses RPM? I am looking to use less nitrous at low RPM but more in the higher. This engine is going to rev to 9k ;D so a 25 shot lower in the revs will give it a bit more life while a 50 shot (small engine, Small Car) in the higher revs will give the BarryBoys something to think about :D aiming for 180bhp.

I have had a search but nothing looks to be at the forefront of development. A lean off disable of the nitrous channel would be very usefull, so if it leans below a selectable value, it shuts the N2O off untill RPM drops below set value (safety initself to prevent cyclic reactivation)

Any thoughts?

Oh and I'll be up and running on the new engine in less than four weeks :D all be it 6 months late :D

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: Nitrous control
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 09:26:20 am »
The problem with boost control is that its looking to change with pressure rather than with nitrous.

Offline Sprocket

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 12:59:06 pm »
Just been looking at the 1.0.78 firmware and it has a Boost Control PWM map table.

Would it be concieveble to use only one row of this table set at 95kpa and then set the PWM value at each rpm?

Offline Sprocket

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 01:55:10 am »
Been thinking about this a little more.

Where in the equasion does the boost map fit in, how is the channel configured?

I found the N2O settings  and thought that if I use those to enable a relay which switches 12v onto the solenoids, and these are then grounded by an injector FET which is controlled via the boost control DC map????

Any thoughts? :-\

Offline Sprocket

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 07:28:37 pm »
Been playing around with this again,and found that the table is enabled in alternative boost control settings. I also found the open loop control which disables the Bosst DC map, and enables the Boost open loop DC table. This looks more the ticket, RPM versus DC, open loop, so it doesnt need any feedback.

??

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 07:32:22 pm »
Sounds right, I have to admit that you are currently the forum expert on how this works.

Offline Sprocket

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2008, 07:35:39 pm »
lol :D