Author Topic: Ordering new vems ECU, questions  (Read 14625 times)

Offline Rocky

• BHP: 0
Ordering new vems ECU, questions
« on: June 30, 2008, 01:39:12 pm »
Hello,

This is the first time I come on your forum buth I have a few quetions.
Normally I work with autronic, apexi power fc and a few times with motec, those ecu are already set-up.

Now I wanna try vems, buth is not a easy ecu,First i have a lot of problems with communication between ecu and laptop, now i have only communication with firmware 1.0.30, 1.0.36 and 1.0.53. so with those firm ware i puth the figures in buth no ignition, i fit a 54 mm cas plate that i found on vems.hu its a 4 slot in the outer ring and one in the inner ring, buth no spark.

Can You tell me wich numbers (all) i must put in the primair and secundair trigger.
Also I think i am not ordering the right ECU, I order primair vr trigger and secundair audi trigger (vr also) for the nissan.
Now I have a new costumers the would going also for vems, one with a 300 zx turbo and i must for sure that I order the right one.

I read on your forum that i must use 1.1.18 for running the nissan vehicels (sr20det) and I uploading 1.1.18 and the ecu do nothing any more also i get the reading no hello from avr, i think i have a serius software problem

Can sombody help and explain step by step, i am not so great with laptops.

Rob 

Offline Rocky

Re: Ordering new vems ECU, questions
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 04:49:44 pm »
I have a picture of the cas plate i am using, the plate is 54 mm in place of 50 mm and let special make.
This is maybe importent for trigger settings.

Rob

Offline Rocky

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 06:40:51 pm »
Unfortunately this disk never worked, although you may be able to use pull-up resistors to invert the slot pulses, or mess with the position of the CAS - perhaps a gear tooth at a time.

You will need to use Firmware 1.1.18 to use the settings shown on that page.

I guess you're doing a Sunny/Pulsar GTiR?

Rob

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 06:47:51 pm »
This should help with the firmware upgrade:

http://www.vems.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=209.0

Offline Rocky

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 08:50:40 am »
I have uploaded vems 1.1.18 with succes.

I have no spark at the moment, have you get wiring diagram for the pull-up resitors
The car i working on is a 100 nx with sr20de engine with a turbo.

Offline Denmark

• BHP: 7
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 10:40:45 am »
I have also had lots of trooble with upgrading the firmware ,and the problem consits in that there is such a old firmware(1.0.38) when you buy it.

That have been that way up til the latest ECU i got, there was 1.0.73 allready installed, that makes it all a lot easyer.
So if this is the new approx from Vems, then this is great, it´s also a bit foulish, that all of the ECU´s needs to be upgraded when you buy it, instead of it working with the right firmware straight away.

/Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline Rocky

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 10:58:17 am »
Thats right, the problem i think with mine update fireware is the usb connection, a friend of mine (it guy) solved the problem for me with an old laptop direct serial port, it takes 45 min to figured out.

There also not a manaul to explain everthing out, such like the triggers setting, you find here and there little pieces of information on the net, but thats all.

Rob

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 01:06:26 pm »
I know, the information is "all in the wiki" and takes an age to go through and understand.   The purpose of the forum was to extend my UserGuide on the wiki to see where people needed help, so there are threads on here that I hoped one day to gather, collate, and integrate into more documentation.  Most people come along, learn what they need and then go off again taking their knowledge and hard-earned configurations with them.
The heart of the problem is that the guys who make the stuff, see the VEMS ecu as a hobby/interest type of thing, people building businesses out of it are therefore out on their own, which is short sighted.  The whole ethic of the support is that its wiki based, which means people would document their projects so that others can help and find answers from peoples pages.
Unfortunately this does not scale and is holding things back.

Offline Denmark

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 01:29:28 pm »
I think that on this site here, there would be a sticky, were people can write a short info on : car, year, engine, mods to trigger setup, if any,
and then the config , and a screendump of the megatune settins for for the trigger,ign and inj settings, as this is always the main problem.
something like this:

Like  this in the headline:

Subaru Impreza uk/eu turbo 99´

And the i could write:

wiring OE, with adaptor harness.

And then the screen dump, this is how i would like it to be, then all could just check the headline, to search for Subaru, and all the settings needed would be there.

Comments and suggestions for that, then we all could see whats running vems

/Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 06:07:39 pm »
That was the idea with the projects section.
Are you suggesting an "Installations" section for the forum?

Offline Bat

• BHP: 8
    • Trucking site
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 09:02:44 pm »
Hi,
I think this could be a really good idea Rob. If each topic is locked except to admin and OP then it could be used as a reference, whereas the projects section can stay as is for people to comment on the ongoing projects as they evolve ;)
Once a format is sorted I'd be happy to post mine up :)
Cheers,
Gavin :)
VEMs Authorised Installer / Re-seller. K head kits for A series now available!

WB/EGT gauges. Click here for customers write-up 

Visit www.doyouneedabrain.co.uk

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 09:40:24 pm »
Not sure how I'd lock it for OP only - I'll look at it as I agree its a good idea.

Rob

Offline Denmark

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2008, 10:40:35 pm »
Maybe  it could be a standard form, of a kind,
So we all filled out the same fields, then it would be really easy to check the settings.

I dont have the skills to make a form to fillout,but somebody must be able to makea exel form, or something.

/Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline Rocky

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 09:22:49 am »
When you have a specific model setting sheet, it going to be a lot easier to hook the vems up.

So now i going to try the vems working on 100nx B13 ( same like sr20det GTIR),subaru ej20 99 model and Lancer evo 6 and 8. I am for sure that it going to be a hell of a job.
But if averting works and have te settings it going to be very easy to set-up and map the next Nissan, Scoobys and Evo's

Also i have no problem to post those settings.

Rob