Author Topic: supra mk3 starting problems  (Read 13515 times)

Offline ecutec

• BHP: 4
Re: supra mk3 starting problems
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2008, 06:57:38 am »
hey
yesterday i connected new coilapck and at first the problem was still there with the same channel
then i switched pin 34 to 10 and it was ok...can't get it...BUT the unit got really hot. I opened it up and the fet that was driving mostly driving the double spark coil was fried. Possible that at first the coil somehow damaged the fet and that started opening and closing randomly?
Anyway my friend helped to take out the fet and i did a benchtest at home. It starts up but did not get rpm yet...ok it was late and maybe i overlooked something(2am or sth)
I doublechecked the grounds also..resistance for all was >0,4ohm so probably the tester wires..
resistance of the coil measured from 33, 10,35 was 0,9ohm as supposed
i can't believe its a wiring fault...
As i saw nice spark from all it also should not be the trigger or trigger wheel but i will find out when i finish the benchtest

thanks for help so far Rob!

Offline ecutec

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2008, 09:58:48 pm »
car is running!:)
things i ran into:
fried two p259 chips on 2 different units-same case with my friend... We had 2 fuelpump relays connected and seems like there too high voltage spikes for a moment (possible?) that burn the chip. in my case both chips left ground connected so FP was on all the time BUT i still got rpm reading :)

IAC was letting air in so could not get to idle and in cooperation with some injector settings + VE table the rpm went from 600-1000 without being able to give any gas

Turnaround was when i managed somehow to get the rpm higher with full throttle and higher req fuel...car started running at 4000 and sounded nice

so shortly in this case things that did couse problems:
old coilpacks?- double spark...
IAC letting air in
too low ve table (need a basic table probably)
2 relays connected to p259

Offline ecutec

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2008, 04:05:58 pm »
found another problem
after driving around the car started coffing and afr went lean
i did not pay much attention to that before but from the old ecu they used 10ohm 10w resistors for injectors (2.4ohm)
but the resistors got really hot and probably could not handle the current
now i bought a pack of 6.8ohm 50w resistors and will see what happens
because of this issue 1 of the injectors fet's gave up(always open)

mayeb this is helpful for someone in future:)