Author Topic: water injection and vems?  (Read 6892 times)

Offline damo_S13

• BHP: 5
water injection and vems?
« on: March 22, 2008, 12:12:34 am »
im looking at getting an AEM water injection kit (http://www.aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=120)

it has this feature:-

Boost-Safe Output
The progressive controller includes a Boost-Safe output (grounded when active) that activates
whenever the system is armed and runs out of fluid or an error code is flashing. The green wire
on the controller is the 1.7 amp switched ground. This wire can be hooked up to a solenoid that
will vent waste gate pressure when activated. Apply 12v to the other side of the solenoid (AEM
P/N 30-2400 or equivalent). This output can also be used to trigger a timing retard function in a
stand alone ECU or a CDI whenever the system runs out of fluid, thus protecting your engine.

could this be used with vems or more what im after an extra vems boost solenoid?

is what im thinking below right?

AEM p/n 30-2400 is the AEM Boost Control Solenoid!

So i could use the vems one and have its earth ran through this green 1.7amp switched ground. i would then need to T in this solenoid in between the boost controlling solenoid and my extranl wastegate?

thanks
damo
building vems 4age with itb powered corolla

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: water injection and vems?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2008, 09:53:58 am »
If the VEMS boost solenoid is wired correctly then it fails safe - in that if 12V is cut the solenoid remains open and boost tails off.

If you were to use the AEM output to cut the solenoid power, with a relay that breaks open on power, then you will have a similar function.

Water runs out, AEM drives the relay, relay opens, voltage drops, solenoid opens boost falls.

Rob

Offline damo_S13

• BHP: 5
Re: water injection and vems?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2008, 10:45:14 pm »
ooohhh good idea :D why did i not think on that!

right im off to order a kit now lol
building vems 4age with itb powered corolla