Author Topic: Honda civic type R ep3 k20a2 coolant temperature gauge  (Read 4779 times)

Offline MWfire

• BHP: 35
Honda civic type R ep3 k20a2 coolant temperature gauge
« on: March 08, 2018, 06:45:31 pm »
Hi,
where is coolant temperature gauge wire in that car? I know that is connected to factory ecu, but i don't see it on ecu pinout
http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=230
I did one installation, everything is working except coolant temperature gauge on instrument cluster.

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
Re: Honda civic type R ep3 k20a2 coolant temperature gauge
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2018, 08:39:39 pm »
Have you done the obvious and looked at the wire colour coming from the coolant temp sensor? It might be tied to the one that goes to the dash as well.

Offline MWfire

• BHP: 35
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2018, 11:47:06 am »
Have you done the obvious and looked at the wire colour coming from the coolant temp sensor? It might be tied to the one that goes to the dash as well.

Yes, i looked that. Ecu send some signal to dash, but i don't know what signal and on what wire.

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 01:47:41 pm »

Yes, i looked that. Ecu send some signal to dash, but i don't know what signal and on what wire.
as i rememer some hondas want pwm signal for water temp, and that can be configured in vems many gauge output, which can provide pwm based on map or clt
Vems installer in Lithuania
valdas.sunokas@gmail.com