Author Topic: Audi AAN with auditrigger, no signal  (Read 6268 times)

Offline magloman

• BHP: 0
    • WikiPage
Audi AAN with auditrigger, no signal
« on: June 26, 2016, 02:27:02 pm »
Hi good people,

Just gonna start by saying that car runned fine with original ECU Before installing VEMS. I have just swapped ECU nothing else done with Engine.

I have just installed a Vems v3.3 in my car with Econoseal and made an adapter Cable to motronic55 as for now. I will make a new harness later on after Everything is working and maybe Another Engine.

I have never got this to work. I have switched to latest firmware and not sure of settings and such things.

When trying to make triggerlog it sees nothing! It is not a gray screen, nothing like other triggers-Pictures I have seen. Can it be someting with my computer or setup?

When cranking the rpm is 0.

I connected an oscilloscope on the Three different trigger pins and at least something is happening.

I have my primary trigger input from G28 crank VR(T55-49) on EC36-27
G4 reference(T55-47) on EC18-12 and have switched pin 1 and 2 out in Engine compartment
secondary trigger G40(T55-8) at EC36-13

+5v is taken from EC36-29 Motronic55-12(this is a common +5v for all sensors)
Is this ok, how is connected on PnP? Is the EC36-29 and EC36-28 internally connected?

I have measured that the hall sender has +5v on its pin-1 and ground on 3 then about +4v on pin2 when still.

I have a Picture for the oscilliscope on the rpm signal, is it suppose to be this low voltage?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15772069/Vems/Foto%202016-06-26%2015%2000%2034.jpg

Some other links:
My memberspage on vems:
http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=MembersPage%2FMagloman

Some report i tried yesterday:
http://vems.hu/vemstune/sharingcenter/reports.php?cmd=view&key=jqzRV3

/edit: I have not followed the grounding guidelines, how is that even possible when making an adapter? How is the pnp setup?
I have just connected all grounds from the vems and motronic harness into single joint.

Can this be the cause?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 04:43:09 pm by magloman »
VEMS v3.3 FW:1.2.31
Audi urS4 AAN

Offline Kamuto

• BHP: 19
Re: Audi AAN with auditrigger, no signal
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 02:29:48 pm »
was you ecu ordered with audi trigger option? or it was generic one? anyway try to test some p259 outputs are they working? :)
Vems installer in Lithuania
valdas.sunokas@gmail.com

Offline magloman

• WikiPage
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 08:55:15 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for your reply  :) Its much appreciated!

Yes it was ordered to work with stock/OEM triggers, I believe the word they use for that is "auditrigger"

I just got in from garage now, I did use a separate microphone cable and was extra careful with it. Now I have at least primary trigger working!  ;D ;D
I will fixe same setup tomorrow maybe and se if secondary shows up, buts thats special. I have a Hall sender on camshaft and VR as reference. I suppose the reference must work for the hall-trigger to get useful?

I will post back here with update.

M
Audi urS4 AAN

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2016, 03:14:49 am »
Hi,

Thanks for your reply  :) Its much appreciated!

Yes it was ordered to work with stock/OEM triggers, I believe the word they use for that is "auditrigger"

I just got in from garage now, I did use a separate microphone cable and was extra careful with it. Now I have at least primary trigger working!  ;D ;D
I will fixe same setup tomorrow maybe and se if secondary shows up, buts thats special. I have a Hall sender on camshaft and VR as reference. I suppose the reference must work for the hall-trigger to get useful?

I will post back here with update.

M
if you put hall sensor signal to the ground then you can test reference signal :)
valdas.sunokas@gmail.com

Offline magloman

• WikiPage
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2016, 01:31:04 pm »
OK, will look into that,  know I read about that trick. It feels like I have read about averything there is soon about this topic, haha :D

Today I have made a Cable for the second VR crank home trigger. Now I have two trigger signals in the triggerlog! Yes! :-)

Now I have to check wheter my settings is correct for this. Tried start the Engine but it will not start.
Now I see the rpm when cranking at least, its about 200

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15772069/forumbilder/vemssupport/friday1.png
Audi urS4 AAN

Offline Kamuto

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2016, 02:58:05 pm »
OK, will look into that,  know I read about that trick. It feels like I have read about averything there is soon about this topic, haha :D

Today I have made a Cable for the second VR crank home trigger. Now I have two trigger signals in the triggerlog! Yes! :-)

Now I have to check wheter my settings is correct for this. Tried start the Engine but it will not start.
Now I see the rpm when cranking at least, its about 200

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/15772069/forumbilder/vemssupport/friday1.png
is cam sensor connected?
valdas.sunokas@gmail.com