Author Topic: My current setup, just need it reviewed  (Read 38768 times)

Offline jrussell

• VEMS USA
  • Administrator
  • BHP: 15
    • VEMS USA
Re: My current setup, just need it reviewed
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2007, 12:08:22 am »
I just got a firmware compiled for me tonight. I have to bench test it though. I don't want to give out a un-tested firmware compile.

I'll hopefully have some time tonight to bench test it. We have an ECU to repair anyway, so we'll be at the work bench.
VEMS USA - Located in beautiful Burlington, Vermont
1988 RX7 Turbo

Offline bcool

• BHP: 0
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2007, 07:57:43 am »
Great to hear. Let me know if you want me to do any on the car testing on this end. I'm pretty anxious to get this working.

Offline bcool

« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2007, 09:28:48 am »
So i'm assuming that the injector staging wasn't set up in the release of firmware i have then? Since you have one of the developers there with you can you ask and see if theres any specific way to see if the secondary injectors are firing?

Offline jrussell

• VEMS USA
  • Administrator
    • VEMS USA
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2007, 02:54:30 am »
Injector staging is a special feature. Not part of the normal firmware. I'm testing it now. I see something I'm unsure of, so I'll probably have to question Dave about it (the guy that wrote that code).

I'll try a couple of more setups and see what it brings first. I'll let you know when I have success.

Thanks for your patience. I know you're anxious.
1988 RX7 Turbo

Offline jrussell

• VEMS USA
  • Administrator
    • VEMS USA
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2007, 04:09:44 am »
Hi Brendan,

I have got the injector staging working quite well on the bench. My car isn't together enough to test it yet. Plus it's 10 Degrees F today. >:(

You're welcome to try it, but be very, very careful. Until it's officially tested on a running car you're on your own to decide whether it's working or not.

http://www.vems.hu/download/v3/firmware/v3_firmware_1.0.75.zip

I tested it with 6 injectors A, B, C as primary, and D,E,F as secondary. Worked as advertised. When MAP got above 140 kpa (where I had the second stage set) all 6 were firing.

If you want help please provide full mcd and mct so I can re-create the setup.

Thanks!
1988 RX7 Turbo

Offline bcool

« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2007, 02:38:27 am »
Thanks jason

I just tried playing with the new firmware, but there is a couple of issues. When i tried starting the car the injector PW went up to 13ms where its originally somewhere around 5 ms. Also my VE map and my spark map do not stay in the ECU i load up the maps from my saved MSQ files and as soon as i shut off the key and turn it back on all my settings go to 0.

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2007, 08:46:30 am »
Sounds like you're using a MegaTune from a wrong release version.  The VEMS cannot loose its map or configuration settings, which suggests that the maps are not getting written to the ECU.   Never use an MSQ for changing firmware types, use the config and tables (download-config.bat, generate-configXXxYY.bat, and upload-config.bat)

Rob

Offline bcool

« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2007, 10:26:03 pm »
I uploaded my pervious Config and Tables the normal way but still it doesnt show up in megatune. Megatune recognizes that its 1.0.75 release at the top. So how do i get megatune to work with the firmware that jason posted up?

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2007, 08:39:00 am »
I'll try and attract jason's attention - 1.0.75 might need a 1.1.x MegaTune to work.

Rob

Offline jrussell

• VEMS USA
  • Administrator
    • VEMS USA
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2007, 03:59:10 pm »
No, the 1.0.73 MT works fine with 1.0.75 firmware. I've been assuming that no support was requested since there are no mcd/mct files as I asked for if support was requested.
1988 RX7 Turbo

Offline bcool

« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2007, 12:22:59 am »
Oh sorry about that jason. Here they are. They may be slightly older versions. I wrote over my new ones on accident.

http://myweb.cableone.net/mjbless/vems/stagedconfig.txt
http://myweb.cableone.net/mjbless/vems/stagedtables.txt

Offline jrussell

• VEMS USA
  • Administrator
    • VEMS USA
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2007, 01:09:18 am »
your config bench tests fine. You do have Anti-lag turned on though for some unknown reason.

Go to Extras -> Advanced ALS and change the  "Input channel used" to DISABLED.

If I'm not mistaken your Injector staging "Rate to calculated PW" should be 86 not 35. This is because it's in 0.4% units. The calculation is 34.375%, but you need to divide that by 0.4 to get it into 0.4% units. If I were you I would have the open threshold to be 110 kpa, or maybe even a bit higher than that. You have 75 kpa now.

I tried all of those settings on the bench too and everything looks great. It's great to play with the pressure a bit and see the secondary channels come on.  ;D

Note I didn't touch a MSQ file at all. I loaded your configs the proper way and everything works great. Pulse width is about 6.5ms at 3000rpm & 109 kpa. It drops to about 1.8ms once it hits 110 kpa which is what I configured as the secondary activation point. 1600's are big secondaries. :-)
1988 RX7 Turbo

Offline bcool

« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2007, 09:22:21 am »
Corrected the Antilag. Dont know how that got changed...
I'll try the 85% rate to calculated PW as well

I realized what i was doing wrong. I got mixed up on firmware versions that were in that folder i didn't realize that there was the 12x12 and a 14x16 files in there. Thats why megatune didn't take to well to it. I'll try starting the car tomorrow hopefully the 13ms times don't show back up again.

Offline bcool

« Reply #58 on: February 18, 2008, 07:36:43 am »
Alright so i actually went out and played with the car today. I'm pretty certain my injectors aren't staging. I separated the Throttle body elbow so that the car would run N/A (I cant afford having the motor detonate under boost). I set my secondary KPA switch on value at 75 and the Throttle position activation at 0. with my calculated PW at 86%. The one thing i noticed that when I got to that KPA value while driving the car would run into a lean stumble and at some points even cut fuel completely. I noticed that my PW values dropped from about 5ms to around 2ms, my biggest concern was the lean dead spot when the injectors staged(if they even are staging).. and thats just not good for boosted loads. I'll run through and make sure all my wiring is correct tomorrow and hopefully i can get a log for you.

Offline jrussell

• VEMS USA
  • Administrator
    • VEMS USA
« Reply #59 on: February 18, 2008, 04:33:27 pm »
I was wondering how you were doing on your project. :-)

I would check closely the wiring to the secondary injectors. If you send me your config.txt/tables.txt again I'd be happy to bench test again for a sanity check. Though it's nearly 60*F here today I'm stuck at work, and not in a position to run the car right now anyway. The cage is only half installed due to the opressive cold weather the last several weeks.

-Jason
1988 RX7 Turbo