Author Topic: Airconsole  (Read 3779 times)

Offline Mads Lund

• BHP: 4
    • VEMS member
Airconsole
« on: September 11, 2015, 10:48:06 pm »
Got some new toy. an Airconsole mini wifi to serial port, that can map it's serial port to both wifi and bluetooth.

So far it's working with vemstune on my pc, so no more fuzz with FTDI adaptors that jump on adresses, no more pcmcia cards, and no more cables to the car on tuning. Simply an AP router in the car, connect on the SSID from the computer and it's running.

Phase 2 will be to get the android app to work over wifi (if it will), else do the airconsole module have bluetooth as well, so I can datalog on the mobile during races, or perhaps even from a laptop in the paddoc :-)

Phase 3 is to connect the Airconsole to my home wifi, with the possibility to run vemstune from any remote pc over the internet. Can be quite usefull when I have to adjust car's that are not in my garage. Today we email config's forward and backward. The future can be to access the cars when they drive over 4G->mobile phone->airconsole->VEMS.

Updates will follow when I get more experience with the solution

http://www.get-console.com/airconsole/

Offline Mads Lund

• VEMS member
Re: Airconsole
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2015, 10:12:28 pm »
Did some testing yesterday. It works problemfree on both  bluetooth and wifi, and both on the pc and the android app. Refresh rates at good on bluetooth (14Hz)  both pc and android. On the wifi did the android run 14Hz but the pc only 4 Hz, this is under further investigation as I ould like to usee  the wifi if possible.

Do anybody else have experience on the refresh rate when running tcpip in vemstune ?

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 07:54:02 am »
When I have used it for bench testing its never been very good, I´m not sure why because the bandwith of wifi is of course quite big.

Offline Mads Lund

• VEMS member
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 09:36:25 pm »
On BT it's running as good as a direct cable (14-17HZ)

On wifi, there can be a topic in the way data is packaged into TCPIP and unpackaged in the other end, this will add some delay. Bandwidth is not the topic, response time is. Question is if there is any way of optimizing it.

For future VEMS development could wireless Canbus communication perhaps be an option for the PC interface ?