Author Topic: Which injectors to get  (Read 8908 times)

Offline antonch

• BHP: 4
Which injectors to get
« on: August 26, 2007, 11:53:09 pm »
I am looking for some high impedance (so I don't have to use a resistor pack) injectors in the 42#(440cc) to 55#(577cc) range.

My main concern is having an accurate model for them. Other ECUs have calibrations for some common injectors.

If you think your injectors give you a really flat VE table or you used an oscilliscope to model them, feel free to post what you are using.

Offline BrendanC

• BHP: 0
Re: Which injectors to get
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 11:24:18 pm »
I don't know about their individual mapping, but in the 52-62 range there are several EV1 and EV6 type injectors on ebay in groups of 4, 6, and 8.  High impedance too.  Chevy and Ford stuff.

Offline antonch

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 07:50:40 am »
I ended up getting Precision 50#ers. Can't wait to see how well they will work  :)

Offline antonch

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 12:24:11 am »
I found the following specs for my injectors:
     Flow             Impe-     Resis-     Opening     Closing     Nozzle     Spray         
    Rate        dance    tance           Ms             Ms              Style      Angle
    50 lb/hr     High      12Ω              1.660     0.970             Ball & Seat     22.4°

I *think* I have the T.S. diode installed from the factory. Would I set the inj_open time to 0, as Phat Bob's guide suggests.

Offline Volvo850r

• BHP: 1
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2007, 12:26:46 pm »
Ive also been thinking about what injectors to use.

the low impeadence high flow injectors are pretty cheap but i to dont want to have to use a resistor pack as this would mean modifying the existing factory wiring loom.

found these on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/750cc-RC-Engineering-High-Impedance-Fuel-Injectors-Hon_W0QQitemZ120144948065QQihZ002QQcategoryZ14111QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

These will give me enough fuel and in theory allow me to use my std loom.

Can anyone explain the advantages\disadvantages of low z injectors over high?

thanks.

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 06:22:59 pm »
From our point of view theres no disadvantage to either type of injector.
As I understand it the original type were LowZ injectors that used a Peak and Hold method of current control.  We've mimic'ed this with PWM but have varying levels of success so suggest the balast resistors to limit current.  Newer injectors are all HighZ as I understand it.

Rob

Offline stevieturbo

• BHP: 1
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 01:00:14 am »
Siemens/Deka/Mototron do some 60lb ( some say 63lb ) 600-660cc at 3 bar injectors. These are apparently flow 800cc+ at 5 bar base pressure.

I was running them at 4.5bar base when I was using them.

Black, thin bodied pencil style, and they work superbly. I used some for a while before getting some 73lb RC Eng injectors....TBH, still not convinced the RC's are much better. They certainly dont idle as nicely, but I need the extra fuel.

A company called Schimmel do some 90lb high impedance injectors, that are supposed to work very well too.

But I would defo reccomend the Siemens injectors to anyone.

Offline dnb

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 19
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 12:04:33 pm »
Hello Stevie :)  Those would be the same Siemens injectors as I (eventually ;) ) got off you. 

I agree, they've been good.