Author Topic: knock+datalogging+monitoring  (Read 5576 times)

Offline fphil

• BHP: 6
knock+datalogging+monitoring
« on: March 19, 2014, 10:22:08 am »
Any ideas how to get
- Vems knock function (which disable the sd card)
- datalogging, per ex on a PC trough VT
- monitoring data: lambda etc, per ex on a Round (afreshtiny) screen from an AIM stream.

How do you manage to set these very basic functions together online?

Thanks

Philippe

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
Re: knock+datalogging+monitoring
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 11:39:59 pm »
I don't see the problem, they all work.

Online? What like on the inter...web ?

Offline fphil

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 09:40:55 am »
It is not easy to monitor the basic data (lambda, map, ...) on the screen of notebook which stands on the passenger seat.

So I thought using the Round screen that I have previously installed and which would be fed by an AIM stream.
I want to log the data on the same time, but I need to disable the sd card to enable knock and have the data record on a PC through VT.
If not using the Round screen, I can install the LCD interface but the numbers there are not well readable when driving the car.

So my question was how can we have these 3 functions: easy monitoring, knock and data logging, working together?

Offline VEMS

• Administrator
  • BHP: 22
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 10:11:15 am »
Hello Phil,

Using AIM and VT communication at the same time is not supported (as they connect to the same serial port and use different protocols).
I would suggest taking small logs during driving and analyzing these sections while on the side of the road or use Live VE analyzer / VE tune by statistics to do this job for you.
For more elaboration on Live VE analyzer, take a look at its F1 help: http://vems.hu/vt/help/main/tools/live_analyzer.html

Best regards, Dave

Offline fphil

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 10:47:34 am »
Yes that's would be a way to do. VT tools allow to tune good most of the parameters.
However (for fun?) I am used to analyse on batch big chunks of data by my own program in order to get whatever statistics  I want.
So I would like to record, monitor, sense knock  and drive at the same time ;)