Author Topic: New boost settings in 1.1.26  (Read 6696 times)

Offline multiplex

• BHP: 6
New boost settings in 1.1.26
« on: August 08, 2007, 03:52:03 pm »
I noticed we now have open loop control with a nice boost pressure PWM map  ;D

one setting i'm not sure about though is Open Loop DC Adjustment. Its looking for an ADC input from the 3208 chip.

any ideas here?

seems like some people have had sucess with 1.1.26 and i'd like to try it out. (once my car is back together)

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: New boost settings in 1.1.26
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 04:29:16 pm »
I've not had a look at 1.1.2x yet, its still very experimental and best tried on an installation thats running.

By then I might have had a chance to sniff around it and write some setup instructions ;)

Rob

Offline Sprockets

• BHP: 5
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2007, 02:41:26 pm »
I'm liking the 1.1.26 atm.  and a lot of the people i'm showing the v3 GUI are also impressed that you no longer need a phd in computer studies and electronics to upgrade your firmware....well almost :p

Will be playing with the boost control soon aswell, just ordering some more boost pipes, managed to blow ours :S 

-Gavin
Performance Developments

Offline multiplex

• BHP: 6
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 02:29:20 pm »
ok so i've been up and running with 1.1.27 for a little bit now.

i'd like to continue working on fine tuning my boost controller settings.

I'm using open loop control, and would like to add in the DC correction but i'm still unsure what type of signal its looking for??

My situation is that i have the 'actuator off below this kpa' to 170.  this creates some real fast boost build up, but overshoots my target slightly and then drops and levels off.

If i set the kpa lower, i hit my target but its a much slower build (not as fun!)

will i be able to obtain my goal using open loop? should i try the closed loop? i'd rather not go back to PID tuning  :-[