Author Topic: Lamda and 1.2.0  (Read 4035 times)

Offline AVP

• BHP: 11
Lamda and 1.2.0
« on: June 05, 2012, 10:45:31 am »
I have noticed that from 1.1.99 the lamda responce is very quick.

does that mean that it would be advisable to switch lamda ON on all bins from now on? ie lamda to control mixture up to boost areas?

i use lamda to control up to 140kpa and its the VE table thereafter which is properly tuned and allow along with the secondary MAT table to compensate for temperature changes. ( i know a lot of people tune that way). also back in the megatune times, whenever i used lamda on all table it never had a chance to keep up, as the lamda took 2 engine cycles to recheck and make changes, whereas while on boost the engine is working fast and hard, and i always use to get too lean mixtures no matter what i did.

So is this new feature of vems allowing the ECU to control all of the VE table adequately then?

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
Re: Lamda and 1.2.0
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 10:10:41 pm »
How much of an error do you get if any under boost?

If small then it should be alright to enable it, but if it´s not changing much for some outside reasons then no reason to have it.

Offline AVP

• BHP: 11
Re: Lamda and 1.2.0
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 10:16:54 pm »
When on previous megatune the lands was on it was leaning out when lamdba was on, but it was ok when off.

I fear if something lime this might happen again if i enable it,although i trust the the lands control is much better on vemstune. I am just wondering if it's an added bonus for minor ambient changes to keep mixture within he boundaries i set on every occasion rather than relying on the mat vs tps table and 've table alone.