Author Topic: trigger errror, too many pri trigger  (Read 13597 times)

Offline Denmark

• BHP: 7
trigger errror, too many pri trigger
« on: December 15, 2010, 07:56:33 pm »
Hi All.

I really stuck right now i just cant figure out why i can get the subaru i´m working on now to go higher then 4500omdr.
it feels and sound exact as when running launchcontrol with lots of retard

this is with 1.1.81 firmware.

I have tryed to change both cam and cranksensor even thourgh it works to more the 7k rpm as soon as i plug in the oe ecu, i have tried to make a bigger distance to the triggerwheel with a small spacer(crank only)i have tried to make pulldown with the blobs to the left of both lm1815( instead of 5v+),
Nothing i do change anything, same rpm the limiter comes in, maybe someone can see a fault in the config if i send it?

when i look in the triggerlog it seems that the problem starts with the 1 of the 3 teeth on the crank is missing, but it writes to many..

i dont know how to insert the log i have made, and also the trigger log ::)

I can mail it to some one to post, if this is possible?

Thanks,
Skassa
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 09:06:31 pm by Denmark »
working on the boxer

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
Re: trigger errror, too many pri trigger
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 10:54:29 pm »
Use the free file area  at vems.hu to upload your files:
http://www.vems.hu/filethingie.php
(how to use it  : http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=FileArea)
Create your own sub directory, preferrably in the "MembersPage" directory, to avoid having a too flat and hard to view file hierarchy.

If the primary trigger is of simple coiltype, the secondary trigger must not occur too close to one of the primary trigger pulses.
If the primary trigger is of missing tooth type, the secondary trigger must not occur too close to the missing teeth.
There must be no confusion about the order of things, with rpm and load the cam driven secondary trigger can shift phase and occur sooner/later. This might look like a signal glitch in the datalog and warning flags, but it's really a mechanical problem. Often it's enough just to swap the trigger edge on the secondary to shift it enough to not cause the problem, be aware that it might shift the ignition and trigger tooth order depending on where it goes (sooner/later).

Offline andreNL

• BHP: 8
    • My Wiki membersPage
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 06:00:38 am »
You can make a picture from the triggerlog, size it from cam signal to cam signal = 720deg
and post it, a pictures saves 1000 words  ;D

Offline Denmark

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 06:05:19 am »
thanks,

I have also tried to switch edge on both the secondery and primary trigger, as i had seen that could be a problem,

The problem is that its the subaru 6/7 choosen from the dropdown menu, and i have used it on a car before with 1.1.81, without problems of this kind,

I have also tried to downgrade to 1.1.76 as i have used this on several cars, but still rpm limit at 4500 rpm,

all with no luck.

I will see if i can figurere out how to upload the files.

Thanks,
Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline Denmark

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2010, 06:08:13 am »

working on the boxer

Offline andreNL

• My Wiki membersPage
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2010, 07:15:48 am »
Did you check Fuelcut limits and ALS settings?

The way you tell it, it sounds like a limiter comes in at 4500rpm.
Else i would find a spare sensor, peel it out glue a  Hall sensor in and make a connector
to connect it to the sec trig input wire much easier and precise control  ;D ;D then the Voltage swinging VR.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 07:24:47 am by andreNL »

Offline Denmark

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2010, 07:27:50 am »
Yes , i have tripple checked All settings :(

On the triggerlog the problem starts at 3356 on the pri trigger it's missing one tooth there, but the software says to many prim

So it does not seem to be s problem with secondtrigger

/skassa
working on the boxer

Offline andreNL

• My Wiki membersPage
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 08:13:15 am »
OK as far as i know the cam set the trigger tooth count to zero,
maybe it sets it at the wrong place so the counting gets screwed.
it looks like its resetting after the 3rd ignition, maybe its to close to a triggerwheel teeth
so when the refs go up time gets to short to trigger.
Take picture of your trigger LOG diagram, and open it in paintshop
you can see whats happening then.
Resize from cam signal to cam signal = 720deg and draw in where the ignition events are 180deg seperate.
count how many theeth from cam signal to missing and you know how many degrees it is if its after the last event, not simultanious with a cranck tooth
cheers

Offline Denmark

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2010, 08:38:38 am »
The Strange part is that i have used the trigger setup on another impreza just newer, and there was No trigger problems, so i dont understand what it is that makes this speciel

The only thing different with this car is that its Got a 3.5 kg flywheel that makes it really fast on the throttle
This is known to course problems with newer oe ecu's

But it would have to be software related ,as it also seems Strange that even if i move the sensor 2mm away from the triggerwheel that also makes No difference at All

/Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2010, 12:38:38 pm »
I'm not sure what the trigger pattern looks like on the Subaru, but the trigger diff ratio looks to be not very even.
Please post complete vemscfg (prefer vemslog) and triggerlog, a page in the Wiki might be best as this stuff is cutting edge with the firmware and needs attention from firmware developers. Don't expect things to happen fast during christmas time..

Offline Denmark

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2010, 01:05:05 pm »
No i also belive that this is something fw related, so Will tomorrow see if i Can get a 36-1 wheel made as the 20pcs i had are All gone

And this costumer hopes to get the car this weekend

thanks
Skassa

working on the boxer

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2010, 07:13:29 pm »
It sounds like you have a hardware issue in this case. I would make sure you upload triggerlog and vemslog to vems.hu and post in the wiki, and use IRC #vems on Efnet and chat with other users. It might solve itself if you just share your problem. A forum only goes so far..

Offline Denmark

« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2010, 07:38:44 pm »
yes i know, i would also love to send the files to someone that can upload it for others to see , as i have made both a log of it happening, and also a triggerlog...

/Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2010, 10:11:16 pm »
The vems.hu file area that I gave explicit info about works just fine to upload files for others to see, use it.

Offline Denmark

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2010, 03:58:43 pm »
i cant upload anything to that side, it says error no matter what i try to upload!

maybe i have uploaded a file but cant see or find it anywere, as i have no idea were it goes

/Skassa
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 04:10:56 pm by Denmark »
working on the boxer