Author Topic: ego correction readings  (Read 5105 times)

Offline Seight-v8

• BHP: 6
    • Members Page - Scott Richmond
ego correction readings
« on: April 23, 2010, 11:53:04 pm »
hello all,

What reading should i be getting on my vemstune EGO correction gauge, if my VE table is pretty good.

As mines showing about 96%...is this good or bad?

I have correction on and set at +/-15%.

cheers

scott
Engine:Rover V8 4600cc
Vems Firmware:V1.2.38, GPS, SDcard, LCD & Dual lambdas, Wasted spark, 36-1 trigger, Cam Sync & Bluetooth serial.

http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=MembersPage%2FScottRichmond

Offline dnb

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 19
Re: ego correction readings
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 01:39:36 am »
96% is very good.  It implies the VE table is very slightly rich and the EGO correction is pulling it down.  I aim for 98% so that in the event of an EGO sensor failure I can be sure there is a safe mixture.

Offline Seight-v8

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 01:57:13 am »
so when the ego correction gauge in vemstune reads 100% thats no correction.....am i right here????

I first thought it would show me actual % readings, so 4% correction would show 4% on the gauge.

If i am right then 4% correction reads 96% on the ego correction gauge.

Can this tell me if it rich or lean then???

as gauge only reads 100%....would 104% be lean????.

just trying understand what the readings mean.

cheers

scott
Vems Firmware:V1.2.38, GPS, SDcard, LCD & Dual lambdas, Wasted spark, 36-1 trigger, Cam Sync & Bluetooth serial.

Offline dnb

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 19
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 02:41:52 am »
Yes, 100% means no correction.  95% means that the ECU has selected to use 95% of the value in the VE table and so on...  The +/- 15% means that it will only ever get to maximum corrections of 85% and 115% correction.  (This is in fact the actual correction as far as the ECU sees it.)

It can tell you if you are leaner or richer than your current lambda target.  But obviously you'll need to look at what the lambda reading says to know if you are leaner or richer than stoich.

Offline Seight-v8

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 02:40:35 pm »
thanks dave,

i ran the VEtune from vemstune just to see what would happen, and it changed some of the table a max of about 6 units, so i know i am not far off now.

Want to try and drive it today, and run a better log during driving then do the same thing and see what happens.

scott