Author Topic: Shift-Cut input signal  (Read 7576 times)

Offline Nack

• BHP: 4
Shift-Cut input signal
« on: April 19, 2010, 04:18:03 am »
Hi all,

I have a small question regarding the activation of (for example) the Shift-Cut functionality. I have wired up a lead from pin12 of the EC18 connector and have been testing the wire by applying either GND or +5V via a 10k resistor. But unfortunatelly in MegaTune I do not get a response.

I assume I should be able to see the "Shift-cut Off" bar at the bottom of the mainscreen change status?

I have used the following settings in Extras > Shift-Cut Settings:
 Cut Spark - Enabled
 Cut Fuel - Enabled
 Input Channel (0-7) - 7
 Deactivating Time (mS) - 500

I haven't yet tested with running engine, this shouldn't be the problem right?

Offline Nack

Re: Shift-Cut input signal
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2010, 07:10:35 pm »
Anyone any suggestions?  ???

Offline MWfire

• BHP: 35
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2010, 09:00:01 pm »
did you buy assembled box or ?

Offline Nack

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2010, 09:04:14 pm »
Jep originally assembled...

Offline MWfire

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2010, 03:04:30 pm »
Turn on exhaust pressure and fuel pressure gauge and see if anything is changing when you try to connect pin 6 or 12 to gnd.

Offline Nack

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 09:24:08 pm »
I'll try that this weekend. Thanks already!

Offline Nack

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 07:07:13 pm »
Hi the two gauges both display an +5V signal. I've tested the shift-cut and launch-control inputsignals again by aplying a 5V or GND signal via a 10k resistor but the two voltage levels on the two gauges do not change...

I've done a continuity test with a DVM from the connector of the two wires to the EC18 connector and the wires seems to be fine.

Is it possible that I have some other feature enabled which is conflicting with the shift-cut input signal?!

Offline MWfire

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 04:32:04 am »
Hi the two gauges both display an +5V signal. I've tested the shift-cut and launch-control inputsignals again by aplying a 5V or GND signal via a 10k resistor but the two voltage levels on the two gauges do not change...

I've done a continuity test with a DVM from the connector of the two wires to the EC18 connector and the wires seems to be fine.

Is it possible that I have some other feature enabled which is conflicting with the shift-cut input signal?!

probably. Maybe send email to webshop with you serial number and ask if you have connected analog input to connector.

BTW where are you from?

Offline Nack

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 06:16:27 am »
Thanks again for the help. Today I've done the wiring again and now the signal is received in Megatune!!
Still have to find out what happened but I do suspect some faulty connector or wire-break (or what ever you call it in english)...

Feeling a bit ashamed for the rather stupid cause, but luckily enough it's not something on the pcb level or software setting that was causing trouble.

I'm from Holland btw :)