Author Topic: Spark at the same time when ignition ON and fuel pump at prerun?  (Read 7190 times)

Offline ranz

• BHP: 6
Is this normal that I get spark at the same time when I turn the ingnition ON and the fuel pump pre runs (2 seconds). After the fuel pump stops, the spark stops, now I start the car and everything is OK.
Is this OK? does it suppoesed to do so? Or is something wrong?
ECU is PnP Audi AAN V3.3 FW1.1.27
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 05:14:14 pm by ranz »

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: Spark at the same time when ignition ON and fuel pump at prerun?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 12:57:31 am »
No, that's not normal.
What is the RPM doing when this happens?
It sounds like the input trigger is getting stimulated by the electrical noise of the fuel pump.

Offline ranz

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 01:28:14 am »
No, that's not normal.
What is the RPM doing when this happens?
It sounds like the input trigger is getting stimulated by the electrical noise of the fuel pump.
What do you mean by what is the RPM doing? does the engine turn at the same time?
At normal condition everything seems fine, the engine does not turn ( there is no fuel in the engine ) at the fulepump prerun.
We discovered it by a little accident, the car didn´t start after staing one night at the garage. First thing was to check fuel pressure, OK, second thing spark. And when the spark plug was out and we turned the key... we saw the "thing". We changed the park plugs and the car started again, but the "thing" made me a little bit worried.

So I should chek input trigger signal grounds, are they normal and there at all.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 01:33:14 am by ranz »

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 04:24:52 pm »
When this is occuring, what does the RPM reading show?  The VEMS should only provide a spark when the RPM is stimulated - so does the gauge on the tuning app show a reading - I'd expect it to be jumping around all over the place.

Offline ranz

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2010, 05:03:27 pm »
When this is occuring, what does the RPM reading show?  The VEMS should only provide a spark when the RPM is stimulated - so does the gauge on the tuning app show a reading - I'd expect it to be jumping around all over the place.

I don´t remember it doing that, but I´ll check.
But if it does/doesn´t do it, what to do next?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 05:49:46 pm by ranz »

Offline ranz

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 06:23:53 pm »

I don´t remember it doing that, but I´ll check.
But if it does/doesn´t do it, what to do next?
Yes, the RPM gauge is showing something around 1200RPM when this happens. But this happens only sometimes, not all the times.
I´ll now change FW to 74 and test if it does happen with that also.