Author Topic: Getting started from scratch. firmware 1.1.70, Volvo 2.5L turbo  (Read 4552 times)

Offline qwkswede

• BHP: 0
What is the quickest way to build up a configuration set and maps from scratch? I'm coming from megasquirt and trying to adjust my way of thinking to the VEMS world. So first thing I did was I corrupted the firmware that came on my ECU with an aborted firmware flash. After lot of head scratching, I borrowed a windows PC, (i was using my macbook) And I finally got firmware 1.1.70 flashed successfully, but now all the values in the menus are nonsense. Is there a generic file to start with? Do most people just go through every menu item and adjust them to get started? That sounds painful. I wouldn't even know where to start with some things, they are quite different from anything I have seen in Megasquirt. The wideband settings for instance. Its all very complicated here.

Can anybody donate a config file that might be close to my setup? I can tweak things to suit my application, just want a rough starting place

Thanks,
Ken Lanham
Project car: 1998 Volvo 745 Turbo - Aiming for 11s in 2010.
Blog: http://www.denverspeed.com/

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: Getting started from scratch. firmware 1.1.70, Volvo 2.5L turbo
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2010, 03:42:35 pm »
Apparently you can drag any config file on - so have a look on the wiki for something that best suits your engine, load it onto the VEMS, and any wrong values will be set to a good default.

Apparently...