Author Topic: Boost control problem.  (Read 4606 times)

Offline guzior

• BHP: 1
Boost control problem.
« on: December 03, 2009, 03:41:57 am »
Hi.
I have big problem with one of cars what I tuned on vems. Yesterday the car started to overload. Boost controller is operating.
I use open loop boost control. The valve gets 12V. “Ground” cable is not interrupted. I reconnect boost controller from Inj. Ch 6 to Inj 7 and 5 – it’s steel doesn’t work.
I test it with ignition turned on at idle. In the window "actuator off below this pressure" I entered 0. DC set over the range to 80% but did not even ticking.
What’swrong?

Previously, car riding without any problem a few months and nothing was changed in the setup

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
Re: Boost control problem.
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 04:23:21 am »
Can you measure continuity on the output channel when it´s supposed to be working.
If you have a beep test on your AVO gauge then it will beep on/off as the circuit is beeing turned on and off.

Can you see the duty cycle gauge in the software go to 80%?

Offline guzior

• BHP: 1
Re: Boost control problem.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 03:55:07 am »
Can you see the duty cycle gauge in the software go to 80%?
Yes. On the boost DC gauge I see DC that I set in Boost Open Loop DC.

When I upload firmware, for example 1.1.63 boost controler ticking soon after uploading. During the normal work of vems, I can't cause so that he begins to tick.

I'll ty the same config in the other vems, an it's working.

Everything I'm trying on the computer desk, with VEMS connected to the PC +12V from ATX power supply. Only one output is connected (boost controller). In car I use series harness, with boost controler and idle solenoid valve not connected to the flyback.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2009, 11:47:59 am by guzior »