Author Topic: ego settings  (Read 6088 times)

Offline Denmark

• BHP: 7
ego settings
« on: June 25, 2008, 10:40:55 pm »
Hi all.

I would like to know if there is some standard settings for the ego correction, and i would like to know if any of you use closed loop all the time, of only under cruise conditions.

I have been running closed loop under all conditions, also under wot, but it seems to not being able to maintain lambda 1 at idle, were it will swing from 0.97-1.07 or so,
is i turn ego of it will be stable,
this is only at idle that i have that problem, when cruising or wot, it is stady, at the lambda target.

I have also tried to disable ego with tps, but that doesnot happen , the only thing that can shutoff ego, is map.,
Any comments on that?

/Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
Re: ego settings
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 11:08:00 pm »
watch the EGO correction gauge and see how much VEMS is working.
try to adjust the VE table so it´s working the least that will steady the idle alot more.

I use 80kpa for max pressure, 700rpm for low rpm, 4k for high rpm and max tps 100%
as tps is not a load metering device. EGO goes off when ACELL enrichment operates anyway.

When your driving around view the ego correction to see how far off the VE table is. then adjust and vems will have less busy time to adjust ;)

Offline Denmark

• BHP: 7
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2008, 07:18:44 am »
Thanks,

I know how to map the car, it´s just the settings, that is eighter to slow or to fast reacting.

It´s actully best with ego corretion off, then the car will be more soft on  the throttle response, and not so jerky, but that can change alot with the speed of the ego

meaning that i can slow down the pid control, and the lambda will be stable at idle, but it will take longer to settle under higher rpm cruise/wot.

Do you understand what i mean??? ::)

/Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline billman

• BHP: 2
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 12:27:02 pm »
I think i have the same issue like you. somehow it is reacting strange. I made it as accurate as it gets but when on idle and the fan kicks in it takes 20 seconds or so for the idle to be somehow stable. When the fan stops i get the same. When the AC is on the same ect.

It is stable only at the conditions where i tuned it (i.e. warm engine and AC off, and big fan off) when something changes it starts to jump here and there.

Offline dnb

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 19
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 09:37:29 pm »
I use closed loop most of the time:  Up to 90% throttle, 20kPa to 90kPa and 500 to 6000RPM.

I too have a slight problem with lambda (& hydrocarbons > 1500ppm!) at idle, but that's mainly due to having an insane cam profile. 
Lambda bounces between 0.97 and 1.03, but there's usually loads of fuel pouring out the exhaust until the engine is under load.

What do you use for idle control?  I found this can cause some problems until the VE table is perfect.

ETA:  Rob did publish some "ideal" EGO settings.  They're in a sticky thread in one of the tuning sections.  I can see no reason why they shouldn't be adjusted to suit your application - especially the delay parameter since this should be tuned (IMHO) to reflect how far the sensor is from the heads.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 09:52:08 pm by dnb »