Author Topic: Possible to configure multiple outputs to one P259 channel for CEL?  (Read 6283 times)

Offline lugnuts

• BHP: 2
Can I use multiple output drivers that go to a single P259 output?

Example, for a Check Engine Light - I would like it to light up during an overheat and or overboost condition. So in Megatune Misc. Output set Min Manifold Pressure to XXX KPA and point it to P259 channel 1. Then in Water Pump Output set Start Temperature to ~100 Deg C and point it to P259 channel 1 (same channel).

Also while on the subject of a CEL, can we get the important sensors (EGT,Wideband,Knock) the option to have an output channel for the CEL? A simple temp threshold for the EGT, (Example 950+ DegC  = CEL)and tie the Wideband into the TPS (Example: 90+% TPS / AFR 12.5+ trips the CEL). I could even use a misc output TPS to trigger a relay to enable the CEL for the wideband if it was necessary.

Kevin

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: Possible to configure multiple outputs to one P259 channel for CEL?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 09:11:06 am »
That setup should work fine.

I like the CEL ideas and will pass them forward to the wishlist.

Rob

Offline dnb

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 19
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 10:44:18 am »
I too like the CEL idea - I was in the process of writing something on the dev forum about it, plus a bit about storing fault codes as in OEM ECUs...

Offline lugnuts

• BHP: 2
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 05:00:12 am »
Thank you, I have been "out of the loop" for several months but I am ready to complete my VEMS projects.
I had another idea which I would really like to implement as fast as possible.

I'd like the VEMS to provide the signals to a "round" gauge directly(since the ecu already has a WB and EGT sensor).
Most of my potential buyers would prefer the gauge to an LCD so I think it would compliment the ecu very well.

The VEMS gauge as-is should be targeted to non VEMS owners (or better yet, all non vems owners should be convinced to switch to vems!)

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 08:36:33 am »
That exact thing has been requested and discussed and it was even threatened that it would happen.

But nothing yet :(

Rob