Author Topic: Tying to setup COP's on audi v8 ABH  (Read 9172 times)

Offline turborabbit77

• BHP: 0
Tying to setup COP's on audi v8 ABH
« on: September 08, 2007, 07:21:08 pm »
I am running an AUdi v8 in my Quantum Syncro.. I have it setup originallyfor 034 engien management..  WIll the VEMS ECU trigger  factory audi 3 wire Coil on plugs  .. my other option is to run Audi 4 wire coils . Please let me know which one would work with the ECU and How i would go about hooking it up.

I know the wiring already  .. I just do not what ones will work with VEMS.. 
Both coils I have sitting here  Please let me know what i need to make it work.

3 wire coils
pin  1    = ECu ground trigger
pin  4a  = Ground
pin  15  = 12v

4 wire coils  
pin 1    =  12v
pin 2    =  ground
pin 3    =  trigger from ECU
pin 4    =  Valve cover ground

Offline turborabbit77

Re: Tying to setup COP's on audi v8 ABH
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 12:36:29 am »
Someone has to know something of this matter.. before i miss my chance to buy this ECU.

Offline BenFenner

• BHP: 8
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 07:41:52 am »
Is there anything special about the Audi 3-wire COP?  From the looks of it, VEMS should be able to handle either of those cases. I'm not 100% sure, but VEMS is designed to be able to handle low current COP firing easily. It can also handle high current, direct driving of COP using some of the injector drivers if your VEMS unit has extra.
1994 Black SE-R (VEMS, going turbo)
1994 Black SE-R (with sunroof)

Offline PeepPaadam

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 06:40:38 pm »
3wire passive AEB coils would be better as they are more reliable.

I installed VEMS on my friends 1995 S6 4.2 and made AEB coil conversion. Engine is running full sequential now.

Both coils work just fine, 3wire ones are just abit better.

Offline turborabbit77

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 12:38:19 am »
Alright man thanks.. i thought the same thing.. you want to helpme out and send me thnat base file..  pretty pretty please.. WOULD help a ton!!!  Ill pm you

Offline PeepPaadam

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 06:01:59 am »
I an send you that file but I didn't use original "auditrigger" but a simple coil-type trigger on the flywheel. There's 1 crank home pin and we just added another three that makes 4 pins separated by 90 degrees. As for cam sync we use original Hall sensor in the distributor (or whats left of it).

Cam sync on that engine is one cylinder off for VEMS so I needed to "rotate" the firing sequence in order to get the car running. It's required with both wasted spark and sequential.

Offline turborabbit77

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2007, 06:15:50 pm »
YEah i noticed about the cam signal being one cylinder off... it is the same way on my car..  so did you just rotate the firing order to compensate for that>   ANy way i can get that file?    Well i guess i need a 60-2 file

Offline turborabbit77

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2007, 12:23:39 am »
yeah..  i got it.. talked to a few people.. most likely I am going to have to retune it for my car anyways.. So I'd rather not pay for something I can sor t out over a little time .   I FOund 90% of the base setting I need for setting up the engine in the WIKI profile pages. ONly a couple things i have to change to make them work and they are free