Author Topic: Potentially fried LSU4.2 wideband heater resistor  (Read 5259 times)

Offline M3GTttHulk

• BHP: 0
Potentially fried LSU4.2 wideband heater resistor
« on: November 19, 2014, 05:40:33 am »
Hi,

I had an accident where the shifter linkage to gearbox came loose and managed to scoop the wideband cable towards the driveshaft and compleatly shredded the wideband loom.

Installed a new connector and a wideband monitor and the WBO2 will not heat up.

Any suggestions?

I'm not very good when it comes to car electronics so soldering a new resistor is something I'm afraid of doing myself, that is I'd the resistor controlling the heater has been shorted.

Offline VEMS

• Administrator
  • BHP: 22
Re: Potentially fried LSU4.2 wideband heater resistor
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 08:47:15 am »
Hello Hulk,

Lets start with some basics there is a procedure to test if the hardware on your VEMS ecu is still in working order, please follow the procedure on:

http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=GenBoard%2FManual%2FWideBandHardwareTest

After that report your findings, we'll work from there to get to the bottom of this.

Best regards, Dave

Offline M3GTttHulk

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 09:01:51 am »
To be Honest Dave,, this is a bit to "advanced" for me.

I will most likely have a friend take a look at this, not much of an electronics man..

Just wondering if this is a possibility. 
I seem to get 12 volts on #3LSU/25VEMS if I ground it, but I dont get any current if i test between #3LSU and #4LSU when doing a calibration procedure. 
All the wires are good from the plug to the VEMS

Offline VEMS

• Administrator
  • BHP: 22
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 03:35:10 pm »
Hello Hulk,

It seems that there is either a connection problem (easy to verify with DVM between wbo2 plug 3/4 and ec18/18, VBATT supply) most likely a fuse blew in your wiring loom (if the wideband was separately fused as recommended) or if the fuse was omitted the driver for the heater (or pcb trace between driver and ec18) could be broken in the VEMS; But lets rule out wiring and fuse first.
I'm sure your friend will be able to verify for you. If there are any further questions feel free to ask,

Best regards, Dave

Offline M3GTttHulk

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 06:54:23 pm »
No fuse, probably a fried board,
Thérése was some smell