Author Topic: strange triggering  (Read 27967 times)

Offline Erikk

• BHP: 7
Re: strange triggering
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2013, 06:55:40 am »

1) setting up with wasted spark: I could not get this to work because it appears I need the logical, or stepper ignition output to make this work. I have 5 independent coils wired to 5 drivers (see image of the coils on page 2 of this thread). When I attempt to set the ignition values, I am limited to the 8 physical drivers; also the UI keeps resetting my 'cylinders' value (in engine setup) from "10" to "1" when saving. This seems to be a software problem, but maybe it's just that my current configuration is clashing with what I'm trying to do.
It seems like wasted spark won't be an option without some re-configuration of my entire ignition solution though.

Save your current configuration.

Configure it as a 10-cyl engine.

Reference table: 0 12 24 36 48.

Real firing order: 1-2-4-5-3 . 10cyl WS-setup firing order: 1-5-2-3-4

Remember to put 2 as Injector divider.

Observe! This can't be done when using distributor.
Sweden - erik.englund@gmail.com

Offline Marty

• BHP: 0
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2013, 07:13:04 pm »
Still having the same issue when attempting this. The software keeps resetting my # of cylinders from 10 to 1.  This occurs each time I press the button to get to the next page, or burn my changes. I have not determined why, and I have not been able to find a way to work around it.

I received my VW 1.8t sensor yesterday and modified the bracket to make it fit. Now I'm waiting on delivery of a connector to wire it in. I hope the one I ordered fits, it's an AMP 1.5 connector and I chose it because nothing else I viewed resembled the shape of this thing at all! Spent about 3 hours looking at many different brands and product datasheets...
Once the wiring is done, I'm hoping to put this issue to rest finally! If not I'm going to cry, been trying to fix this issue for 2 years now it seems.

Offline Marty

• BHP: 0
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2013, 09:26:04 pm »
Well I am a happy man. The VW/Audi 1.8t sensor made all the difference. Just squeezed 5500 out in my garage without any hint of error.
Time to spin around the neighborhood!

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2013, 11:19:13 pm »
Still having the same issue when attempting this. The software keeps resetting my # of cylinders from 10 to 1.  This occurs each time I press the button to get to the next page, or burn my changes. I have not determined why, and I have not been able to find a way to work around it.
Don't bring up the "Primary Trigger Visual" dialog, skip it completely. It has a bug and can't work with 8+ cylinder engines. Tell me how I know.