Author Topic: AAN trigger issue..  (Read 6926 times)

Offline boostd audi

• BHP: 9
    • vems.live
AAN trigger issue..
« on: December 17, 2012, 04:30:21 am »
ecu is ordered with audi trig using the stock 3 triggers
if i use fw 1.1.96 i can see the 135 wheel as well as the crank home but no cam sectrig..  here is trig log and config of this, captured in divby3

http://www.vems.hu/files/bdcoombs/20vt%20brian.vemscfg
http://www.vems.hu/files/bdcoombs/v3.3_u006550-2012-12-15-12.47.34.triggerlog

then i switch to fw 1.2.2 with the divby 9 settings and it will not read from the triggers.. its as if the triggers were not even plugged in or i didnt even crank motor.. zero bytes in trig log.

why am i getting no trigger signal with fw 1.2.2 but with 1.1.96 i see 135 and crankhome.. 

just for further testing i swapped a seperate ecu from my car which is not ordered with audi trig,  i tested the cam and i can see both 135crank and cam sectrig on this second ecu which is orderd as vr trig ecu.. so i know my wiring on the cam sensors is good..

im at a loss why i am not getting trig signals oni certain fw,

any ideas?
boost addict's Vems powered Audi VRT s2

Offline GintsK

• BHP: 50
Re: AAN trigger issue..
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 08:20:45 am »
Did you ordered 3rd trigger option or just AudiTrigger?
In your config 3rd trigger is disabled (it is under motorsports->camshaft angle ctrl). But triggerlog shows just 3rd trigger.......

How your sensors are connected?

Gints

Offline boostd audi

• vems.live
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 12:03:31 pm »
I have 135 vr wires to the primary trig
Cam sync is wired to second trig
And the crankhome is ec18-12

Ecu is ordered with auditrig

I wired it referring to the inputtrigers page on the wiki calls for

Offline boostd audi

• vems.live
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 12:06:05 pm »
I had switched third trig off under mptoaport tab bc it was giving me error in sanity check.
hopes of gaining a cam sync

But trig log its enabled so i can see it but I see no cam on 1.1.96 config

Offline GintsK

• BHP: 50
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 12:26:35 pm »
135 primtrig pulse, and the camsync can be connected to the 3d trigger input (only available on econoseal pin if requested explicitely
from here: http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=GenBoard%2FUnderDevelopment%2FFirmwareChanges

So if you didn't ordered special 3rd trigger input, your setup should be ordinary Auditrigger. Your input pinout seems correct. But you have to think about crankhome VR sensor polarity and Hall senor timing. Both can lead to lack of signal.

My self quote from recent topic:

Try this: when you remove Hall sender connector, ECU should not see any secondary. If you connect Hall sender signal wire (middle pin) to ground, ECU should see secondary signal each revolution. If Hall sender connected, works and correctly aligned (in "distributor" case) ECU should see just one secondary trigger impulse per two revolutions.

If you remove plug from TDC VR sensor (front sensor), ECU should see only primary signal. No matter Hall is connected or no.

Any other behaviour means some defect.

Gints

Offline boostd audi

• vems.live
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 02:33:15 pm »
i have an econoseal ecu that was ordered for audi tirg.
i was referred to this page for wiring triggers when i ordered the ecu.. http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=InputTrigger%2FAudiTrigger

This is also a later aan with cam position under cam gear and the tdc pin seems to be inline with cam.
polarity on the tdc pin was reversed already in the trig log at the top.

im going to do some more testing this evening.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 01:22:36 am by boostd audi »

Offline boostd audi

• vems.live
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2012, 04:48:31 am »
well thanks to fidanza flywheel the tdc pin is too small.  after modifying sensor mounting i am now getting all triggers in log.

hoever it seems the pin in the flywheel is not perfectly synced with cam.  again this aan has the under cam gear hall sensor. so i cant just turn the dizzy type mounted hall.

can the coding for slop take care of this if they are within a degree or two?

ill get a trig log up so u can see how close they are. 

car runs now, just not well , it will idle and hold rpm but throttle response isnt there.. its also needs tuning yet too.. some new fuel and plugs are in order as well just trying to see what my options are on this unaligned trigs