Author Topic: the ignition change from 1.0.38 to 1.0.73  (Read 14876 times)

Offline Denmark

• BHP: 7
the ignition change from 1.0.38 to 1.0.73
« on: July 05, 2007, 08:18:00 am »
Hi.

Can any of You tell me what it is i have to change when upgrading the firmware from 1.0.38 to 1.0.73,
I have already installed the 1.0.73 and all things looks to be right, just not the tables, but thats fine as i will make new ones, ass it will now run boosted,
I will run the 14x16 maps,
I run a edis coil and and the ignition output setting is just blank, but i think i read somewere that it have to be changed to 10,20,30 instead of 01,02,03,

And now for the q,

Is this something i can change in megatune, or how can i do that??,
and do i need to change anything?

Regards,
Skassa

working on the boxer

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: the ignition change from 1.0.38 to 1.0.73
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 09:49:31 am »
The 1.0.73 MegaTune should do it fine but you should really upgrade by downloading, editing and making your configs and tables as you may want to use the wbo2defaults.txt and ALSOff.txt configlet files (in generate-config12x12WithDefaults.bat)
If you do stick with MegaTune then there is a screen accessed from Advanced->H2, check that all these settings are 0 where you can force the 01 02 03... to be 10 20 30

Offline Denmark

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2007, 12:47:03 pm »
Hmm, i don´t completly get that, but will look again tonight,
The ALS On button is light up in megatune as soon as i turn on the ignition,
i did try to run the ALS fix, but that was first when i notished that it was on,
 so that does not work,
Maybe i will put in the old firmware again and start over, Will that be better?

I will only upgrade to use the 14x16 maps , as that is needed with the ITB and turbo.

Regards,
Skassa

working on the boxer

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2007, 12:56:38 pm »
When you have the MegaTune stuff in there you may find that it makes more sense, if it doesnt let me know.

I'd go for the 1.0.73 because of the Boost control, which you'll probably want with your new install.

Offline Denmark

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2007, 02:33:10 pm »
yep, i will be needing the boostcontrol,so yes i will try to make it work,

I just need to read up on the ALSfix also,

THe car needs to be driven 500km to Sweden to Japmeet.nu and drive on the track next friday,so i´m abit in a hurry,
AS the engine internal is brand new!

/Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline Denmark

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2007, 09:28:04 pm »
I have been working on trying to get it to work this evening, with no lock,
At first when i look in megatune , in "advanced H2, there is just blank fields all the way down,and there is no output to the coil,

in the first seven rows i can thoose , ign or stepper, and in that last seven rows zero,
If i put ign , in the first 7, and 0 in the last ,
then i get a output to the coil, as i checking with a timinggun, trying to dial in the 10 degrees while cranking,
but i cant even change the trigger degrees so i can get to see the timing mark, really strange,
But i hope that i just need a working config file to make it work,

i cant make a config file now as it keep saying" not ready not ready", so that will not work,
Do any of you maybe have a working config file with 1.0.73 firmware, then i could try to see if that would work,
Or all inputs welcome

/Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2007, 11:08:34 pm »
Are you still using the 12-1+12-1 trigger you setup with the distributor triggers?

I've never seen the Not Ready error before can you describe when it happens.

I have 20V configs for 36-1 Raw trigger pulley.

How are you trying to set the offset?  Have you tried reconfiguring the trigger tooth?

Offline Denmark

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2007, 09:41:26 am »
Are you still using the 12-1+12-1 trigger you setup with the distributor triggers?

"now using 36-1"

I've never seen the Not Ready error before can you describe when it happens.

"that´s when i try to download the config file"

I have 20V configs for 36-1 Raw trigger pulley.

"That would be great with a copy, so i know the config is right"
Is it running cops?

How are you trying to set the offset?  Have you tried reconfiguring the trigger tooth?

"adjusting the trigger angle, the missing tooth is 60degrees before TDC" but i belive that there is some thing wrong with the config, and that´s why, it´s giving me trooble,
The Idlevalve is have also quit working!

working on the boxer

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 10:17:31 am »
If the Anti-lag is not correctly disabled it will screw up ignition timing.
IACV may be screwed if the injectors FETs are setup incorrectly.

Can you paste the exact error test when you attempt to download the config?

Start off with http://www.vems.co.uk/VEMSConfigs/Unit791VemsMT1.0.53.zip and get that working.
Make the config with generate-config12x12WithDefaults.bat
Get that working (remember to update your pump pw zero, nernstdc target & wbo2 calibration values)
Then upgrading to 1.0.73 will be an easier step.

Offline Denmark

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2007, 11:23:32 am »
Okay, i will give it ago tonight again! :)

Jeg errow it writes is actully in danish!,

I will make a screen print tonight

Regards,
Skassa

working on the boxer

Offline Denmark

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2007, 07:15:28 am »
I put in the 1.0.53 firmware yesterday, and got the car running, but i had the same problem as with the 1.0.73,
And for some strange reasen i had to switch the ignition outputs, as it was 180degrees out,
now i did not try that with the 1.073 firmware put that would probbely also fix the errow,

So today i will try to put 1.0.73 in again, i dont use thew download config , i just uploads the firmware, and then plot in´the numbers,
I really need the 14x16 maps for this ITB+ turbo setup,

Also the wideband is showing 1AFR number leaner then my techedgeWBO2, so i will calibrate it after that, as i´m sure that its the Vems that´s showing wrong,
that´s probbely also why that i had a pratty poor fuel econemy, when running NA.

Regards,
Skassa

working on the boxer

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2007, 03:57:20 pm »
Always use Lambda rather than AFR, if you use the factory settings and the correct nerst and pump valeus for your board the calibration will not effect lambda 1.

Offline Denmark

« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2007, 08:59:00 am »
OKay,
I have now been driving the car for 2 days, ,i had to use 1.0.53 firmware as i could not get it to fire with the 1.0.73,

I use regular speeddensity for mapping, and it´s okay, just the accelinrichment needs to be spot on to make it smooth.

right now i´m just running actuator boost pressure of 0.5bar, and have not been over 5k rpm,
but i dont know if i will up the boost to the planned 1.2-1.3bar yet, as i have not hade much time to break in the engine. but maybe the 500km is okay?

Is the boost control easy to setup? as i have a new spare 3port solenoid from when i had the Impreza.

/Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 09:11:26 am »
For an easy setup use alternative boost and hit F1 for the instructions on how to set it up.  Its not as good as PID but its fairly simple to use.

Keep the boost down for a while though, dont want to see that engine blow-up until you've dynoed it ;D

Offline Denmark

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2007, 02:13:30 pm »
Well, i did go to Sweden to the Japmeet, but i only drove like 4 or 5 runds, as i hade a bit of a problem on the second round, first i would let it warm up on the first round, then i would give it some stick,
And this is what happend when i hit 8500rpm on the straight!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v41/Denmark/silver%20AE86%20Blacktop/Blacktop%204agte/

This is the 36-1 trigger wheel that i welded on the crankpulley, wiht a welder were there was not enought power, but i thourght it was okay,  ???

I then removed the crankpulley from the engine, and found a hammer and a welder and got it working again,
then i drove 2-3round again,and the car stopped, this time it was the cas that was broken, when the wheel fell of it hit the sensor, so the magnet in the end was in lots of small piece´s and they fell out when driving.

I did get it to drive again, but that was not a legal act that got me the new sensor, even though it did pay for it!,
They just didn´t know til the next monday  ::)
/Skassa

« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 02:16:34 pm by Denmark »
working on the boxer