Author Topic: Partial fuelcut. How to setup?  (Read 4718 times)

Offline GintsK

• BHP: 50
Partial fuelcut. How to setup?
« on: August 09, 2010, 08:46:42 am »
Hello,
does anyone has experience how to setup partial fuel cut for best driveability.

Last week I was forced to use this system on n/a engine because of cracked intake plenum. Cracks was big enough to reach almost rev limiter when no load. But race was on next morning.

So I put 2200 for fuelcut and 2200-1100=1100 for fuelresume. It gives good enough idling. But next exercise was get some driveability. There is two aditional variables: fuel learned minpower and fuel learned maxpower. I did not find any description of both. But changing these values change engine response to TPS signal. But exactly how? And how to tune it?

I end up with something like 0% for minpower and 12% for maxpower

Biggest problem in fact was not acceleration and driving. Of course it was rough, but usable. Problem was deceleration, where 100% fuelcut switches at relatively high throttle and with no transition.

Gints

Offline NOTORIOUS VR

• BHP: 5
Re: Partial fuelcut. How to setup?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 11:17:50 am »
would love to know this as well... I always just set them both to 0%... and usually disable fuel cut altogether because it is very rough engagement/disengagement for the most part.

So many new features in the recent FW releases, but no instructions on how to properly set them up or even a starting point.

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 04:50:42 pm »
Partial Fuelcut Mode
This is an advanced setting only used with ALS setup without throttle. Only active when Fuelcut - Fuel Resume = 1100 rpm.
Don't touch when using PID idle control.

That´s from the F1 menu

Offline GintsK

• BHP: 50
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 04:49:54 am »
It is is clear. System can be usable also on non-ITB engines with wide valve overlap. My case this time was simply big hole in the intake plenum.

F1 or other sources tells nothing about rest two values. For what it stand?