Author Topic: Questions about PWM and the stepper outputs  (Read 4944 times)

Offline wulfgang

• BHP: 0
Questions about PWM and the stepper outputs
« on: July 12, 2010, 04:39:18 pm »
A few questions, first on the PWM: Is using the boost controller the only way to set up a generic rpm-based PWM output? How many of these outputs are possible if I am running COPs and sequential injection on a V8? The wiki says to use the injector output, but that won't be available. Can I use stepper outputs?

On the stepper, in my case those outputs will otherwise be unused. Is there any way to use them for other purposes? For example, could I re-tast the idle-control code to use the stepper outputs to drive an H-bridge with PID control based on error from one of the spare analog inputs? Or are they usable for anything else if I don't need them for ignition drivers or idle control?

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: Questions about PWM and the stepper outputs
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 05:15:47 pm »
They're rated for 12V@1A if you have anything you want to drive with that sort of power rating you can drive it through the stepper.
What do you want to do?

Offline wulfgang

• BHP: 0
Re: Questions about PWM and the stepper outputs
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 05:18:47 pm »
I want to use PWM to drive 2 variable cam actuators. Not sure how much current those need, but I'd guess that 350 mA would not be enough. Can the boost control output be mapped to a stepper channel?