Author Topic: How to properly log with VEMStune?  (Read 6061 times)

Offline NOTORIOUS VR

• BHP: 5
How to properly log with VEMStune?
« on: May 25, 2010, 12:59:16 pm »
So since the switch to VEMStune, for at least myself I haven't been as productive as when I was using MT and MLV.

Now I seen some menu option to send the log to MLV but I never have gotten it to work.

I'd like to know how you guys do your logging now, and what the best way to go at it would be.  Is there still a way to use MLV with VT?  If so I would love to know how.

Cheers,
Sascha

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
Re: How to properly log with VEMStune?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 01:18:58 pm »
Alt+L to start/stop logging. Then Shift+8 to view the log. Or open an old log file in the File menu.
Do note that the built-in log viewer will display the latest real time data no matter if you were datalogging or not.. so no need to log unless you really want to save it to disk.

When it's going slow enough and when the VE table is too far from target, I tune the VE table by hand with a driver doing the driving around and me doing the "video game" VE tuning (which is often fastest).

I tune WOT using the log viewer, and long time cruising and lighter loads greatly benefit from the "VE tune by statistics" function to see the overall corrections that should be needed to get to lambda target. I haven't  seen the need to use MLV for a while now.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 01:22:36 pm by mattias »

Offline NOTORIOUS VR

• BHP: 5
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 12:59:04 pm »
thanks, I'll give that a shot next time around...

I knew that you would have made it logical some how :)

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2010, 03:30:35 pm »
When you have opened a log file you can still use the "VE tune by statistics" to optimize the VE map. There is some work being done to change the offline behaviour while viewing a log file to being online, to make it easier to work with it.