Author Topic: WB Controller: "variable 'wbo2_retry_' not found"  (Read 9321 times)

Offline badjuju

• BHP: 1
WB Controller: "variable 'wbo2_retry_' not found"
« on: April 18, 2010, 09:35:35 am »
I'm trying to set up my wideband, and I'm getting an error next to "retry after": "variable 'wbo2_retry_' not found in the ini file!!!" in red.

When I go to calibrate my o2 sensor, I notice that it's not hot, warm, nor heating up, and under the calibration window, it's sitting at 0%.

Any advice?

Offline badjuju

Re: WB Controller: "variable 'wbo2_retry_' not found"
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 10:27:46 am »
Also, initially I hooked up pins 2 and 4 backwards, that is, pin 4 didn't get hooked up, while pin 2 was connected to EC18-18.  I thought this would be the heating problem but nope :P

BTW, firmware is 1.0.73

Offline badjuju

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2010, 09:33:28 pm »
Someone must have some input on this.

I'm thinking I need to go in and add the variable manually, but I'm not sure of the syntax I would need to put it in.

Offline badjuju

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 02:12:25 pm »
Took a couple cracks at it, nothing.  My next guess is to steal someone else's config and hope the problem doesn't exist there.  I'm not entirely sure that the error is causing the problem, but the sensor is heating up, and I'm getting a change in Lambda value, but it won't show me an o2% in the calibration window.

*Took a couple cracks at it, nothing.  My next guess is to steal someone else's config and hope the problem doesn't exist there.  I'm not entirely sure that the error is causing the problem, but the sensor is heating up, and I'm getting a change in Lambda value, but it won't show me an o2% in the calibration window.*

**Took a couple cracks at it, nothing.  My next guess is to steal someone else's config and hope the problem doesn't exist there.  I'm not entirely sure that the error is causing the problem, but the sensor is heating up, and I'm getting a change in Lambda value, but it won't show me an o2% in the calibration window.**

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 02:33:27 pm »
Are you using the calibration in the VEMSTune?
1.0.73 should have a WBO2Defaults.txt file in the config directory, look at the generate-config with defaults.bat file for how multiple files can be used.  If you are using VEMSTune you should be able to drag and drop the file onto the Wideband settings window then all you need do is enter the Nernst DC and Pump PW zero numbers you got with your order confirmation.

If you are using VEMSTune, have good RPM signal etc, then I think its not a bad idea to move to firmware 1.1.70 as thats better supported

Offline badjuju

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 02:11:55 am »
I am using vemstune.

I will look into 1.1.70, do you think I should go for it now or wait until I get the wbo2 up and done?

I did find wbo2defaults.txt, but when I run generate-config with defaults.bat, it tells me to check Nernst values and whatnot.

When you say "drag the file", do you mean wbo2defaults.txt, generate-config with defaults.bat, or some file that generate-config with defaults.bat generates? 

"look at the generate-config with defaults.bat file for how multiple files can be used"  <-- what do you mean "how multiple files can be used"?

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2010, 01:05:01 am »
You can drag config files (.txt) onto the screen and it zaps them into the config.
The general idea is that you take the config linked on Mattias's sig, drop that on the front screen of VEMSTune, then modify the specifics to suit your engine.  The nice thing with VEMSTune is that theres a next button on each window - so you have a workflow to help set you up.

Offline badjuju

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2010, 03:04:16 am »
Sooo... backup my config so I have a copy of what makes it run in case it all goes to hell

Flash firmware
Drag M-man's config to vemstune (will it burn automatically?)
Change stuff up
Drive it til the wheels fall off

Sound about right?

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2010, 03:25:11 am »
Don't think it burns automatically, but you're pretty much spot on with the rest of it.
Burn as and when you're happy with a change is my policy.

Offline badjuju

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2010, 04:48:55 am »
Sweaty.  I'll try it out when I get home from class.

Thanks mang!

Offline badjuju

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2010, 02:25:39 pm »
SO, I'm having a pretty major issue.

WHen I'm in my car, my laptop doesn't have internet access to download the new firmware via the webtool.

So, I hooked it all up, got it to recognize VEMS was there, walked into my house, got the wireless up and running, opened the firmware web tool, downloaded 1.1.70, then went out into the garage, hooked into vems, and clicked install.

It didn't give me any sort of confirmation that the firmware had been flashed, except that next to 1.1.70, in the "local" box on the right, it said "installed" next to 1.1.70.

The bottom of VT, next to the status, says I'm running 1.0.73 still.  IniFile is still 1.0.73.

I Thought this was weird, oh well.  I Clicked and dragged M's config file over, told it to upload, and it did, hooray, except it gave me a bunch of scalar errors and warnings and whatnot.  I ran the sanity check again, and it came up fine.

I checked the wideband settings portion, and I still have my original message under "retry after".

What am I doing wrong?

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2010, 02:51:05 pm »
Sounds like the install of 1.1.70 didnt happen, you should be able to install it through the other non-web window (I can't remember the name of it but its in the same stack as the web download).
You might get a better response posting this issue in this thread: http://195.159.109.134/vemsuk/forum/index.php/topic,1205.0.html I know that Emil and Mattias are monitoring those closely and as they are driving the VEMSTune development at the moment.

Offline badjuju

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2010, 10:41:19 pm »
I can't just upload via the "upload firmware....bat" method, because it isn't in either of the downloads I've been able to find, and the other firmware uploader in the tools box doesn't show 1.1.70 as an option.  :(

What's next?  lol
« Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 01:35:48 am by badjuju »

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2010, 08:36:57 am »
Make sure 1.1.70 (or whatever firmware you want to install) is listed as "installed" in the right column in the "firmware web tool" dialog, right next to the "firmware upload" menu option. If not, mark it and press the button for "re/install".  It's all pretty intuitive but hey!