Author Topic: Trying to upgrade to 1.1.64, but cant start  (Read 7362 times)

Offline Denmark

• BHP: 7
Trying to upgrade to 1.1.64, but cant start
« on: February 28, 2010, 05:05:27 pm »
Hi All

i have just been trying to upgrade from 1.1.44 to 1.1.64, and have been over All setting, but when ón ignition one of the injectors is constantly cliking like a iac valve.
And i cant start Tue car, it Can almost catch , but doesnt start, i have been trying to give it more fuel and less fuel, it it dosen't senm to help,
i then loaded the 1.1.44 from another car like this , and it burst to live at the first turn,
the problem with the Old firmware is that i cant scale the temp right, that Can be done with the new firmware, plus the have trooble to start when the themps are freesing,
do anyone gave a suggestion to try?

Or i Can send the config from the Old and the new firmware if someone Can see whats wrong ?

Thanks
skassa
working on the boxer

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
Re: Trying to upgrade to 1.1.64, but cant start
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 05:19:19 pm »
Can you not compare two logs between the setups?

looking at the pulsewidth as a first.

post your configs and somebody might be able to take a look at what´s going on. You must have overseen something.

Offline Denmark

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 05:37:05 pm »
Hmm, just saw that i had enabled "warning light " INJ 2 inverted, so that might help to turn that off :)
i will give it another go :)

thanks,
Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline Denmark

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 11:44:57 pm »
hmm,

i had to give up, and revert to 1.1.44,.

But could not get it running with the newer firmware.,it a real shame that its to difficult to upgrade, i could have used the right tempsensor scaling, that i cant get with older firmware, and its would also be nice to could have started the car in cold weather :)

thanks
Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline Denmark

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 11:46:28 pm »
also found out that the config cannot be saved using vemstune, when running 1.1.44, so had to plugin my old laptop, to save the file ::)
working on the boxer

Offline peter_jensen

• BHP: 5
  • Vems sins 2004
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2010, 04:32:09 am »
Remember to switch off the test mode another time lol lol   

Great the car is running now

Offline Denmark

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2010, 10:24:11 pm »
Jep,
But it was with the old firmware  ::)
working on the boxer

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 12:48:50 am »
Have you logs?

there has to be something wrong fuel wise as I believe there hasn´t been a change in the ignition settings.

Offline Sprocket

• BHP: 29
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 02:04:17 am »
Cranking strategy is completely different in 1.1.6X compared to 1.1.44

You need to re asses the cranking strategy in 1.1.6X as the strategy from 1.1.44 config won't work

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 04:00:22 am »
What sort of thing has changed with the cranking strategy?

Offline Sprocket

• BHP: 29
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 05:57:06 am »
You now set the warm crank pulse width as a percentage of the required fuel value. The cold start crank pulse width is now a four point curve which is a percentage of the warm crank pulse width where 100 is warm cranking and 200 is twice that.

It should be fairly easy to extrapolate the data from the 1.1.44 config and then configure the 1.1.6X cranking settings manualy. Its not just a simple upload the new firmware and go sort of thing.

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 06:24:20 pm »
Just drag'n'drop the default configuration file for your firmware to each dialog that is lacking good default settings. The cranking and afterstart tables are prime candidates. It's also a necessity to set the req-fuel correctly according to the calculation given ("press F1 for help") for the fuel enrichments (cranking, afterstart, acceleration, ..) to work and scale correctly with your fuel injector size. The idea is that most tables are interoperable on many different engines.  Different curves for cranking/afterstart are only required if you for instance change fuel from gasoline to ethanol, a lot more enrichment is required at warmer temperature to crank the engine with ethanol fuel.

One should always check out the input and outputs dialogs to get an overview of what's active and not, make sure it makes sense - upgrading from some firmwares will not work very well at the moment.