Author Topic: Manta B 3,0 24V  (Read 11893 times)

Offline gearhead

• BHP: 0
Manta B 3,0 24V
« on: March 31, 2010, 02:03:26 am »
Hello,

I have Manta B with Senator 24v in-line 6 cylinder engine. I am in the middle of fitting Vems to this car. It should be v3.6 with 8 IGTB and LCD and knock.

The engine is fairly standard C30SE with modified flywheel. Plan is to run it with wasted spark on Bosch 3x2 coil-pack (from Omega B V6). This has 4 pins, 3 signals and 12V supply. I have original VR trigger and 60-2 trigger wheel.

I have done the wiring and tried communication with computer. As i would have expected there are quite many settings to be done before i could get it started. What i have thought is if someone has a similar config file for 6 cylinder engine with wasted spark to share with me? That would be just for getting the engine running, i need to do quite a lot of work to the car before i can get it on the road and tune it properly. At this point i would just like to hear the engine running.

With best Regards,

Rain
manta b c30se

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
Re: Manta B 3,0 24V
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2010, 03:02:52 am »
Post up your current config and as many details about your engine configuration as possible and we should be able to direct you in the right way of configuring the ecu.

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 05:58:46 am »
The config you find in my signature is pretty close, but you'll have a flatter VE map. Just adjust the req-fuel and strobe the ignition before powering the fuel injectors and you should be real close. Of course, make sure all outputs match your harness.

Offline gearhead

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 02:20:46 pm »
Thanks for quick answers. I will try these settings, i will keep you updated  :)
manta b c30se

Offline gearhead

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 08:35:58 pm »
Hello,

Just found out that this thing is mostly about knewing computers and not much to do with cars. i tried to update my firmware to 1.1.70 and load the config. in upper post. But sth probably went wrong, thats what the "DOS window" told me. since i could not find  "full package" for 1.1.70, i used 1.0.73 package, copied there 1.1.70 firmware files instead on 1.0.73 and tried to upload it. 
Can please someone describe how i can load new firmware and new config?
I have looked at http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=MegaTune  but could not suceed, probably i need more explaining to get it right.
Before that i could communicate with my ECU trough megatune but after that "installation" i could not connect to ecu through megatune.

Cheers!

Rain
manta b c30se

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2010, 01:53:16 am »
1.1.70 will need to be setup using VEMSTune

Offline gearhead

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2010, 01:45:34 am »
Thanks Rob. Installed VemsTune and 1.1.70. Also i loaded the config from Mattias's signature. But i noticed that it does not display rpm while cranking. Is this normal or ist sth wrong. i did not attempt to start it yet, so i do not know about spark etc.
manta b c30se

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2010, 03:25:15 am »
Unplug the fuses for the injectors and coils, I hope they are fused - right?

Now you can look over the trigger, no rpm = no valid rpm signal. Check your wiring.

Offline gearhead

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2010, 07:04:23 pm »
Hello, Yes i have fuses  :) I checked the wiring and it turned out that the problem was reversed VR polarity. But after switching wires the reading it showed during cranking was around 95rpm. My question is can this be real rpm? It sounded like any normal 6 cyliner engine while cranking. I hope i can check the rpm reading with strobe soon but until then i was wondering should i see spark with less than 100 rpm, beacause i did not get any spark..

« Last Edit: April 04, 2010, 07:06:30 pm by gearhead »
manta b c30se

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2010, 10:20:56 pm »
95 rpm sounds too low, it should be 150-250 rpm with a healthy battery voltage.
You should see continous updates on the rpm, not a fixed value.
Normally even a reverse polarity VR signal gives a rpm signal, but might not run correctly at all times.

Offline gearhead

« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2010, 12:41:46 am »
I do not have constant rpm , it changes from 90 to 95 during cranking.. As i start cranking it shows around 300rpm for one second or so. I took the spark plugs off and got it cranking around 115 rpm. Another problem that i discovered is that i could not get the fuel pump running. I have seperate standard automotive 20Amp realys for fuel pump, coil, injectors.. Since i have fuel pump relay drive current  wired to pin 15 i changed channel I259 to P259 and channel 7 to 5. But insead of fuel pump running while/before/after cranking i discovered that injector 4 which is wired to pin 20 is continuously open when the ignition is on. i looked for settings in VemsTune but could not find the right place to set it right.. And ideas?

Rain
manta b c30se

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2010, 09:30:18 pm »
You can drive the ECU, coil and injectors from the same relay, less problems. If you want do disable injectors, just pull their fuse.

Change the fuel-pump relay drive back to I259, the P259 is crap and can break any time.

Check the dialogs for "all outputs" and make sure that you only see "disabled" with  un-used functions.

If you want help, upload a .vemslog (the file includes the config) somewhere.
I can suggest using www.vems.hu/filethingie.php (log in with vems as user + password).
Create your own directory and upload there. Mine is here :
http://www.vems.hu/filethingie.php?action=list&subdir=MembersPage/MattiasSandgren

Offline gearhead

« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 02:47:05 pm »
Hello, even with creating . vemslog file i am in trouble. I start new log, set the logging on and run the starter, set logging off. No file shall be created. Am i doing it wrong or is it some trouble caused by 1.1.70  firmware and some older version of VemsTune not working together?

manta b c30se

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2010, 11:48:48 pm »
I think you are doing it wrong. Check your directory where VemsTune stores/saves files for your ECU. It's in "My documents" in Window in a sub-directory named "VEMS_files".