Author Topic: help and advice needed on... spark cut idle control, AL and LC please  (Read 5767 times)

Offline damo_S13

• BHP: 5
ok so we should have finished running in and mapping of the engine by the end of this week :) so i want to start reading up on anti lag and launch control and how to set these up can any one point me in the right direction of have any info for me?

also how do we setup the spark cut idle control? i have no solenoid fitted for controlling idle due to the manifold im using so want to use the spark cut if i can.

my idle is good to start with at about 1300rev's when 1st started and once warmed up a little and then sets at 1000rev's. but once fully upto temp and the rad fans turn on it starts to hunt alot going from 1000-1400rev's this is not that fast but never stops after the 1st time the rad fans have come on... the afr is 1 - 9.9 - 1.1 when it is doing this and 1.07 when at 1000rev's

im using a waste spark ignition system.

thanks
damo
building vems 4age with itb powered corolla

Offline dnb

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 19
Re: help and advice needed on... spark cut idle control, AL and LC please
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2008, 09:58:54 am »
don't use spark cut - use the spark timing adjust settings in extras->idle settings advanced.

Launch control is easy - just wire the switch in and set the RPM limit point and it just works.

Offline damo_S13

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 01:58:03 pm »
ok cool any info you can give to help me set it up?

thanks
damo

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2008, 07:25:31 pm »
Damo,

Hopefully the information you seek is here:

http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page=MembersPage%2FPhatBob%2FUserGuide
Using Spare Analog Inputs

Depending on the configuration of you VEMS unit there are upto 3 additional analog inputs:

* EC18pin16 Channel 5
    * EC18pin6 Channel 6
    * EC18pin12 Channel 7

The corresponding channel numbers are use in megatune to define the channel's function:

Here we've configured VEMS to activate launch control based on the state of EC18pin16.

Offline damo_S13

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2008, 10:21:58 pm »
i have got it wired up from the user guide  ;D very usefully that that is....

its more to do with the settings and whats best to start etc....

i know the AL will take a bit more work as i need to set up something to add air into the manifold etc but its something i would like to work on as im sure im not going to get boost untill past 4000rpm 

Offline billman

• BHP: 2
Some antilag infos would be nice. Since Audi has thsi IAC-Valve does it open full during off throttle in order to bring air in the engine? I have tryed some settings but it seems like it is holding the car back at the RPM region i specify. The infos on the VEMS.hu site are from an older MT version.