Author Topic: VEMS to OEM Adaptor Harnesses  (Read 5541 times)

Offline rameairo

• BHP: 0
VEMS to OEM Adaptor Harnesses
« on: September 07, 2007, 08:32:37 pm »
Okey. If someone have tried that or make his own adaptor harnes for 3S-GTE let me know all the thing. Good and bad. My ride is JDM mr2 turbo rev.2 -92. How much help is for that adaptor? What sensors I'll have to change?

I want ride of that MAF box. I hate it. And ignition could be beter if I keep raising the boost.

Jyri from finland

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: VEMS to OEM Adaptor Harnesses
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2007, 08:41:03 pm »
I am going to sit down and figure out the wiring for an adaptor.

What version of the 3S-GTE are you looking at using? The later models seem to have a very nice looking 36-4 crank trigger

And an interesting cam trigger

The earlier ones have a distributor mounted 24tooth Ne trigger and a single G1&G2 sync trigger.

Offline rameairo

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2007, 08:52:40 pm »
I'm not going to change motor. Only EMS. Doesn't that earlier model can make work? Not even wasted spark or what that call which have two coils?

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 09:19:19 pm »
I'm not suggesting that you change the engine - just to try and identify which version you have :)
With either type of trigger you will be able to choose pretty much any ignition type that you want.

Offline rameairo

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 08:11:21 pm »
Okey. I got earlier model engine which have trigger in the distributor.. My friend said me tonight that don't even try these adaptor. He thinks that OEM wires aren't as good as new ones... I don't want to be cocky but its about toyota and that meen good electric!! I just sold ke-20 -73 and that don't have any problems with in elecronic system..

But now I have couple questions..

1. Is it possible to use original TCR system with this?
2. How about IC fan, can it make work
3. And how about my AC system