Author Topic: New member and a new build (hopefully)  (Read 7860 times)

Offline gakz

• BHP: 0
New member and a new build (hopefully)
« on: November 22, 2012, 03:20:48 pm »
Hi, Im glad to make it to the board and hope to learn a lot from you guys.. seems like a helpful bunch from what I've read.   Im new to car ECU stuff and honestly don't know a ton about this stuff.

My car is a mercedes benz 2000 SLK230 with a M111 engine.    2.3L with a M62 eaton supercharger, mated to a 5spd. 

What I do know is the only verified information on a ECU swap was with a DTA S60 Pro.  Here is a quote from the guy that did it, through email correspondence
That engine have a 19T turbo, DTA s60Pro ecu and 660ccm injectors.
All Sensors like MAP,TPS +++ use 5v from ECU

I know I may need to change things like MAP sensor, O2 sensors, fuel pump, starter possibly?  As well as other stuff. 

I have some crappy documents explaining the possible pin-out of the ECU but I'm unsure of if the MB stuff will work with another ECU.  I also am constantly reading to try and get more information on what I need to do and how I can do what for this to work. 

I would greatly appreciate guidance, help, and anything else you guys can offer (I am going to be reading a lot on here to try and find helpful things on where to get started). 

I am located in Illinois USA

Sorry to edit so soon but I came across another e-mail correspondence from the same chap:
You can use oem sensors and injectors. But there is not many sensors on that engine.
You can use wathertemp sensor(i have chage on one engine,but use the org on my evo), trigger, injectors and lambdasonde.
I don't know much about the std. map-sensor, but I think you need to change this & airtemp.sensor and TPS. Maybe you can use the std.TPS, but I change mine.
Your engine have triggerwheel(60-2) on the flywheel.
Crankshaftsensor is triggersensor.
You can use camsensor, but you don't need it. You can control the vanos with the new EFI.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 03:25:22 pm by gakz »

Offline gakz

Re: New member and a new build (hopefully)
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 02:25:55 am »
No one has any input?

Offline GintsK

• BHP: 50
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 07:41:47 am »
Has your engine two DBW throttle valves? One usual one and another for bypassing compressor?

Gints

Offline gakz

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 05:52:38 pm »
It has 2 DBW valves techincally.  One like a normal throttle body and a DBW butterfly valve that takes the place of a typical "blow off valve".

Offline GintsK

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 06:22:36 pm »
This is the key. VEMS directly can not operate even one DBW servo. I believe there is solution with separete DBW controllers. You have to start from this problem. Rest is simple.

DBW http://195.159.109.134/vemsuk/forum/index.php?topic=1513.0
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 05:10:48 am by GintsK »

Offline gakz

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2012, 10:43:30 am »
Something like this what you are talking about?  http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?p=564782

I also wouldn't be opposed to converting to a non-dbw setup

Offline GintsK

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2012, 09:38:32 pm »
Seems link is to some crap for cars what already operate DBW. Some kind of "tuning"

Just for idea, not as direct recommendation: http://kms.vankronenburg.nl/products/accessories-2/electronic-throttle-control/

If you want to go for DBC throttle you have to relocate main throttle before compressor. Then you can eliminate another throttle.

But relocation is not possible if setup use big volume intercooling system with rubber hoses... Does it?

Offline gakz

« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2012, 04:47:54 am »
I dont think relocating the throttle before the compressor will be possible with the M111 engine.   The compressor is on the opposite side of the engine.  It has doesn't have big volume hoses that I know of

Offline GintsK

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2012, 11:16:00 am »
Then you still need two throttles.

Offline gakz

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 04:18:33 pm »
When you say i would need 2 separate ones.. you are referring to the normal throttle body and then the one that works as a blow off valve correct?

Offline GintsK

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 06:17:02 pm »
In fact second one is for removing load from compressor [shaft]. Otherwise during low load (throttled) situation compressor pushes air to dead end against almost closed throttle and consume lot of power.

I remember one mechanical solution from past: on VW G60 engine. Bypass throttle was always opened except close to WOT situations.

Gints

Offline gakz

« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 03:42:14 pm »
Yea that sounds about exactly how it works.  If I removed the ECU couldn't I just replace that with a traditional blow off valve?