Author Topic: Water injection and config switch  (Read 5503 times)

Offline AVP

• BHP: 11
Water injection and config switch
« on: December 05, 2011, 07:24:04 am »
Is there a way to allow vems to change a config, if there was a sensor from the water injection system (a solenoid of some sort), that would detect a disruption in flow of the water/meth and therefore signal VEMS to change to a safety feature? Like config switch, or wastegate boost level (boost solenoid off) etc?

thanks
vasilis

Offline MWfire

• BHP: 35
Re: Water injection and config switch
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 08:52:11 am »
i used analog input(don't put more than 5V) and anytrim table.

Offline AVP

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 09:00:42 am »
can you brake it down a bit of what you did excactly? I already have an analog input for anytrim, but my water injection system is independed with a controller that controls flow vs boost.

All i want is a way to allow VEMS to understand IF there is a flow problem in order to switch to safe mode (either that is spring wastegate boost or a second config which i already have anyway).

Offline AVP

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 01:27:58 pm »
i have just been told that cooling mist has a flow sensor which works to show the flow of the water injected by reading 22.000 pulses per liter

how can that work with any of the vems outputs?

Offline MWfire

• BHP: 35
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 07:26:09 pm »
i have just been told that cooling mist has a flow sensor which works to show the flow of the water injected by reading 22.000 pulses per liter

how can that work with any of the vems outputs?
connect to RC filter with zener diode for protection. If is pwm modulation than you will have DC output depending on PWM of signal.