Author Topic: VEMS 3.3 KNOW OUT!  (Read 4569 times)

Offline chencho16000

• BHP: 2
  • rally driver
VEMS 3.3 KNOW OUT!
« on: July 15, 2011, 12:37:33 pm »

Hello!
 The Vems worked perfectly, all that happened was that when you operate the starter was too advanced spark and stop the motor.
   To test, I disconnected the ignition coil and activate the starter, the engine spinning faster.
   Well, remove the contact, I connected the coil, and when I make contact to the vems, surprise! does not operate the fuel pump or coil emits sparks.

Firmware is 1.1.95.

Did you have a security system that blocks the VEMS?

In test mode, if the coil works because it emits sparks.
   In test mode, does not the fuel pump, checked all the greetings that come out ground EC36.

Any ideas?
   Not happened, but I'm tired of checking.

??? ??? ???

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: VEMS 3.3 KNOW OUT!
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 01:34:29 pm »
Do you have any other relay drivers on the P259 channels?
If you ground the fuel pump relay do you hear the relay click and the pump run?

Offline chencho16000

• BHP: 2
  • rally driver
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 05:47:30 pm »
Yes, if connect ground in ec 36 pinout 15, relay and pump work.

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 04:22:28 pm »
So it sounds like that fuel pump channel has blown, if the relay is in good condition then I wonder if there may be a short in the wiring on these circuits...
You should be able to use one of your spare ignition channels to test spark - you'll need an LED or small 12v light to get a visual check on the status of the spark before wiring it up to the coil.  Going through my old emails I noticed that on the 12 Nov 2007 we discussed the ignition options and you should have the 4+4 ignition setup:

So you should have at least two spare channels to test on.  Make sure that you test the coil before you connect it to your VEMS, coils can short over time and a fuse may not be quick enough to save the driver.