Author Topic: Wideband will not heat.  (Read 4836 times)

Offline boostd audi

• BHP: 9
    • vems.live
Wideband will not heat.
« on: July 15, 2011, 01:11:18 am »
car starts and runs. however the wideband will not heat or read with car running, and i cannot get it to heat used the calibration wizard.  i let the wizard run for a couple mins and no heat.

so i checked my wiring.. i have good 12v off its own relay.. all other wires are fine to ecu. The pinout is correct. i know 99% of time when a wideband sensor won't heat, is because the heater is not getting solid +12v, my sensor is getting proper power.

i have tried two different sensors, one being brand new.

help please.. i am using the default settings for PID from VT.

here is a config of the car on FW 1.1.92 i used the config in my car to test and the wideband heats in my car on my ecu.  could this ecu be internally not working for wbo2.. it starts and runs good.  just cant get the wbo2 to heat.

http://www.box.net/shared/q4gymnlvk26jgshtt3f2
boost addict's Vems powered Audi VRT s2

Offline boostd audi

• BHP: 9
    • vems.live
Re: Wideband will not heat.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 06:02:58 am »
got it resolved.. atfer doing a hareware test which checked out as well as my wiring.. one sensor was bad, the second had a horrible connection on a loose pin in the new sensor.. so neither would heat.

so i spent all day testing wire and hardware test, trying another ecu, trying config in a running car,  to find out the two sesnors i was working with were at fault.

anyway i learned even more which was the overall benefit..  thanks to all who helped.
boost addict's Vems powered Audi VRT s2

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: Wideband will not heat.
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 04:23:27 pm »
Sometimes nothing seems to make sense.  Glad you got it sorted.