Author Topic: Inputs for launch, ALS, shiftcut  (Read 6769 times)

Offline DevInAz

• BHP: 7
Inputs for launch, ALS, shiftcut
« on: February 04, 2011, 11:10:29 pm »
I started a new thread here instead of just in my project for future reference, I hope thats ok with everyone.

I would like to build one of these circuits to add in ALS, variable boost control (got the idea from Gunni), and shiftcut. The only thing I was wondering about is some type of cross talk through circuits which would confuse the VEMS? this is v3.6 that i'm using. I think the first circuit is the one that should do the job nicely. I will use a plug connector to disconnect the harness shown from the vems harness itself.

Any input or ideas about this?

For the ALS can I use a switch based off of a timed pedal accel and clutch position like what AEM standalones have?

Offline GintsK

• BHP: 50
Re: Inputs for launch, ALS, shiftcut
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 08:23:40 am »
No, no: for activating ALS and shiftcut inputs you need ground. There is one in EC18. Do not use external grounding.

Same for potentiometer - use ground from ECU. EC36-26 or EC18-17.
Why you draw additional resistor in series? As result it will not be possible to get full scale signal.

Regarding fuse - probably - not needed. Similar as fuses for other sensors. Have you 200mA fuses at hand?

Gints

Offline DevInAz

• BHP: 7
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2011, 07:07:10 am »
GintsK- All I needed was a switch ground? well then that changes the circuit quite a bit. I will test everything before installing all the wiring in the car. I can get a inline fuse for a 200ma if thats what is needed. I didn't see any documents on how much current I needed to cap the circuit off at so I wasn't sure about the fuse size or if I needed one.

I'll go out and test it in a few minutes and see what happens.

Thanks

Offline boostd audi

• BHP: 9
    • vems.live
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2011, 10:31:30 pm »
boost addict's Vems powered Audi VRT s2