Author Topic: 4-1 vr cranktrigger will it work?  (Read 4841 times)

Offline Denmark

• BHP: 7
4-1 vr cranktrigger will it work?
« on: December 16, 2010, 07:35:22 pm »
Hi All.

In my hunt for making the subaru ready for my costumer in a hurry,

Can anyone give my info on a 4-1 cranktrigger will work with 1.1.81

This i the 6tooth trigger that is on the car now, i would if it works then grind 3 teeth of.

Do you think this will work , if i remove the tooth before 90degrees before tdc?
its running wastedspark

and does this then look right

Thanks,
Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline GintsK

• BHP: 50
Re: 4-1 vr cranktrigger will it work?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2010, 09:07:59 am »
It is not good idea. You remove the only tooths what can be used for precise advance calculations: around 60deg BTDC.
May better is to keep only these two tooth + one on the cam?

Best is to make 36-1 or 24-1.

Offline Denmark

• BHP: 7
Re: 4-1 vr cranktrigger will it work?
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 03:32:50 pm »
okay thanks,

It was not possible for me to have some triggerwheels made today, so i´m going to have to try some more to get this working this weekend,

any suggestions for what to check that can make a 4500rpm limit, it could be that there is something missing on the board i have gotten from Vems, compared to what there usely is mounted, i just dont know what to look for ?.

Last night when i tried to change the cam sensor with another one, i could make the problem worse when making a bigger gap to the cam wheel, it would do the same just at 2000rpm, when the gap was around 4-5mm or so,
So some thing that can make the sensor closer without moving the sensor, as its not possible to fit closer to the wheel, maybe this could help

i´m open for all suggestions that i can figure out how to do :)

/Skassa
working on the boxer