Author Topic: what to upgrade from 1.1.18?  (Read 5801 times)

Offline s14nismo

• BHP: 6
what to upgrade from 1.1.18?
« on: June 28, 2010, 07:10:00 am »
Hi all, its been a long time since i posted, mainly due to the fact my vems has performed faultlessly through two years of track and circuit abuse, (although the rest of the motor hasnt faired so well! lol)
  Anyway, my question is which is the best firmware upgrade from 1.1.18? the motor is a nissan sr20det with vems 24/1 trigger wheel.
  Im needing to use the car more on road recently but ive always had problems with off idle response and accel enrichment, its never been an issue on track with higher rpms, but can be a pain in the a*se around town!
 Its never going to be a smooth family driver (8:1 comp, 284cams big tubby etc) but i understand the newer firmwares have substantially improved off idle response and properly configuerable accel enrich?

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
Re: what to upgrade from 1.1.18?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 08:06:19 am »
The latest 1.1.7x would be the one to go for, I was hoping to get Docwra's SR20'ed S13 running on it, but we've both got issues with free time!
The trick is, as I understand it - I've not touched a VEMSed car in nearly a year - is to:
  • Take a note of the values you have for the trigger, req fuel etc. (Might do well to screenshots of the screens in MegaTune to act as a reminder)
  • Save the Config and Tables from the ecu with the current firmware.
  • Use VEMSTune to upgrade the firmware (read through the VEMSTune threads)
  • Download the default config from Mattais's sig, then drag and drop it onto the VEMSTune screen to upload it to the ECU
  • Step through each screen and upgrade the settings - F1 provides help for the settings you don't understand, treat the whole excercise as a new install rather than an upgrade.

Offline s14nismo

• BHP: 6
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 06:01:21 pm »
Thanks Rob, I'm currently rebuilding the motor at the mo but i'll probably run the engine in on the proven Fware/config, then as you said treat it as a new install.
  I'll post up any progress as i go.

Do you know of any other forum users currently running 1.1.7x on an sr20 with 24/1 trigger atm?

Thanks, Scott

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2010, 05:01:24 am »
None as yet, most people with a running car have little interest in upgrading!  Which is a shame, I'm sure that the new acceleration enrichment and acceleration ignition retard will make it such a responsive engine.

Offline z0tya

• BHP: 11
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2010, 07:29:31 am »
None as yet, most people with a running car have little interest in upgrading!  Which is a shame, I'm sure that the new acceleration enrichment and acceleration ignition retard will make it such a responsive engine.
Do you have tips about acc ign retard tuning?

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• VEMS Forum
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2010, 10:20:07 am »
Not really, apart from the amount retarded is a % of the max value dependent on the amount of fuel enrichment.