Author Topic: h2 table settings  (Read 6937 times)

Offline Denmark

• BHP: 7
h2 table settings
« on: March 04, 2010, 03:54:21 pm »
Hi All.

I have handed over the impreza i was working on in the weekend running with 1.1.44

but would still like to upgrade, a new impreza is comming next week, so preparing a 1.1.67 upgrade,

when looking at the "h2 check that all setting are 0"

This is what it looks like, in older firmware it says IGN in the first 8, and 0 in the last 8 rows,

Do i just change it to that setting or ?

Thanks,
Skassa

working on the boxer

Offline GintsK

• BHP: 50
Re: h2 table settings
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2010, 04:10:39 pm »
Same as before.
~~~~~~~~~

Top rows is for clear purpose: describes what output to use for ignition.

May be someone can clarify for what is "0" rows?

Gints

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2010, 04:30:56 pm »
I was advised last night to use 1.1.68, I'm looking at doing some upgrades from 1.1.18 to 1.1.6x at the moment.

Offline Denmark

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 04:35:20 pm »
okay,

So i just change it to IGN in the first 8 rows, just a bit strange that i upgraded to this firmware, and it have changed to this.

I only use channel 50 and 60 for ign, as this is wastedspark, running of pin 12 and 24,

Thanks,
Skassa
working on the boxer

Offline Denmark

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 04:38:30 pm »
I was advised last night to use 1.1.68, I'm looking at doing some upgrades from 1.1.18 to 1.1.6x at the moment.

Okay, that could also be done :)

working on the boxer

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 08:34:24 pm »
Denmark : I assume you didn't upload the old config because that would've restored the table for you.
1.1.44 is not supported by VemsTune currently, but it's just a matter of time.

I haven't tried it yet, but if you run the download-config.bat file with the MegatTune 1.1.44 package, and take the config and tables text files from the "config" directory and create a new .vemscfg file from those - then you should be able to just upgrade the firmware to the latest using VemsTune and after that upload the .vemscfg that you created.

The .vemscfg file contains the same information that the old  config and tables text file dumps do, just with some extra commented information at the top (created by VemsTune). I'm not sure that VemsTune cares for the commented information when you upload the config file, it will take care of table sizes and missing variables (uses default values for the current firmware).

Offline Denmark

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2010, 01:47:13 am »
No i did not dó that , AS it cant be done, i cant even save a config with vemstune becourse of using 1.1.44, it Can only be saves to file with megatune,

/skassa
working on the boxer

Offline Denmark

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2010, 01:49:46 am »
I have also not seen any table with default values allready in it ?
working on the boxer

Offline mattias

• Global Moderator
  • BHP: 41
    • Sävar Turbo Site
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2010, 05:32:23 am »
Denmark / skassa :  To get the config and tables text files - use any MegaTune+VEMS release and use the download-config.bat script.

What version the firmware has is of no consequence, the only thing the script does can be done from a terminal too (Manmcdmctbye) and does not rely on firmware version, the ECU will simply dump the raw config to the serial terminal.

In VemsTune there is a "defaultfirmwareconfigs" directory. Go figure. I'm not saying they contain anything worth merit, but it's a start.