Technical > Wiring & Sensors

Finally, first VEMS install.

<< < (2/3) > >>

PeepPaadam:
Hi Colin!
Best place to connect tach is EC36 pin4,  which is P259 channel 0 as this output has 1K pullup soldered already from the factory and tach will work properly, did that on two 928's already. With two Bosch 2x2 coilpacks (wasted spark) I used tach divider 32. 

Lizard:
Thanks for the help guys,

Good info thanks Peep, I would have asked you on MSN but neither you or I have been on much :p

I am using sequential COP. This is on a RHD 90 GT for those with interest.

Peep if you happen to know as to the exact settings I need to input for the 60-2 ring it would be appreciated.

Thanks again

PeepPaadam:
It would be like this, but you have to verify the TDC after the trigger position with the strobe and when using 1.1.x firmware, also fill the reference tooth table:

Lizard:
Well I have gotten most of it setup and working with the entire loom in the car and complete.

I need to make only 1 change to get my PWM ISV to function.

I have upgraded the unit to 1.0.73 firmware.

There is only a couple more questions,

Trying to use the mini terminal to do anything does not seem to work. I type in MAN and then it spews out a ton of nonsence.
Due to this is there any other way to calibrate/setup the WBO2 sensor? The voltage between pins 5/6 is .06V which from looking at the manual is probably as low as I am going to get. But as stated I cannot type anything commands in the box and get anything useful out of it.

I also wanted to know if there was a base VE table generator hidden somewhere for the VEMS. I have used this for MSII previously and it worked well to get me started and going.

Thanks again.

rob@vems.co.uk:
Use the Terminal app - its in the Tools directory of the software you downloaded, you can't run MegaTune at the same time though.

As MegaTune takes the same Map format regardless of ECU type you can use the same map tools, most people like to use MegaLogViewer for all the map fiddling.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version