Technical > Wiring & Sensors

rev counter input?

<< < (8/10) > >>

paul_f:
My tach worked fine with the Mallory CDI box.

I then plugged it straight into points and it didn't work.  It didn't work when i connected it the Vems either.

I have just sent it to Autometer and they said there was a resistor fault and it is fixed now.  It cost 25 dollars plus shipping.  I would have tried to fix it myself, but I couldn't work out how to remove the front rim without damaging it.

I wonder if the mallory CDI damaged both of our tachs?

Tony C:
let me know if it works when you plug it in this time mate,

i may have a go at taking mine apart,
in the long run i want to use the o/e capri/rover hybrid rev counter in the dash,
as it looks factory,
and use the shift light from my autometer rev counter and let vems control them both,

dnb:
I wonder if there simply isn't enough drive current from the P259.  350mA isn't exactly a lot...  You have 6 IGBT channels, so there are 2 spare after the coils.  You could try a spare one of these - they can deliver a lot of current.

I wrote on the case the IGBT channels that aren't populated to give you a clue. 

Tony C:
checked ch0 as requested, no 12V when its set too 100 and p259
checked contu from vems back to tacho and alls fine,
will give the resisitor another go the weekend,
whats should i be looking for on the divider?

Tony C:

--- Quote from: dnb on November 03, 2009, 06:15:06 am ---I wonder if there simply isn't enough drive current from the P259.  350mA isn't exactly a lot...  You have 6 IGBT channels, so there are 2 spare after the coils.  You could try a spare one of these - they can deliver a lot of current.

I wrote on the case the IGBT channels that aren't populated to give you a clue. 

--- End quote ---

ah rite,
will have look when its light, maybe weekend now mate,
will i still need to use the pull up resisitor?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version