Author Topic: Vems and 3port turbosmart solenoid  (Read 5335 times)

Offline AVP

• BHP: 11
Vems and 3port turbosmart solenoid
« on: August 14, 2009, 02:11:16 pm »
Hi,

im going to try and control boost through the turbosmart solenoid valve,the one used on their electronic boost controllers. It is a 3 port valve with 2 cables that can be easily connected the same way that the OEM valve is connected.

There are various different ways of configuring the valve on external wastegate and i was wondering whether VEMS can actually control boost better through it's settings.

has anyone else ever done this?

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
Re: Vems and 3port turbosmart solenoid
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 04:11:57 pm »
I´ve always used a 3 port boost control solenoid without problems.

Offline AVP

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 11:15:06 pm »
the audi N75 valve is very difficult to control and always drops boost on lower gears.I have tried multiple PID settings. The only thing that is left is actually a stronger spring,but i dont want something like that atm.Im hoping that the newer solenoid valves are able to respond better to the vems settings.

Offline GintsK

• BHP: 50
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 12:35:01 am »
I have opposite experience. I like these valves. Only difference - using boost alternate strategy.

Offline AVP

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2009, 01:12:38 am »
for some reason on my vems, using duty cycle, never worked for me! im using basic settings with map target and sort of have it for higher gears,but i always get a boost drop on low gears towards the end of the rev range