Author Topic: Help with Bosch 'Stepper' Motor  (Read 6358 times)

Offline Sprocket

• BHP: 29
Help with Bosch 'Stepper' Motor
« on: May 24, 2009, 02:45:34 am »
Has any one been able to control the Bosch 0 132 008 600 'steeper' motor with VEMS?

Im having difficulty finding any information on the motor itself, so I destroyed one to see what was inside. I initialy thought this was a bipolar stepper motor, but since I fried the chip, which incidently coincided with all my other problems, but upon taking it apart, it is clear it is just a simple DC motor, driving a worm screw/ pinion and then a lead screw to give a linier movement.

There are four pins, two are the motor, and the other two would appear to be a switch arrangement which is open when the throttle stop is off the 'lead screw' and closed when the throttle stop is on the lead screw. I assume this is used in some war to determine idle and drive condition?

Any help on how I can control this single winding motor. I would call this a servo, rather than a motor, or a servo. I cant see PWM working as it will not return to its 'closed' state when the power is removed.

I have thought about using only one pair of the stepper motor driver, but not sure how that will work, if at all.

HELP!! :-\

;D
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 02:48:35 am by Sprocket »

Offline Sprocket

Re: Help with Bosch 'Stepper' Motor
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2009, 05:40:47 pm »
After further trial and thought, its not going to work :-\

Bummer

Offline Sprockets

• BHP: 5
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2009, 06:41:30 pm »
Sounds like it needs to be driven by a H bridge setup. How VEMS would handle this I'm not sure.  Is this the stock mini setup?

-Gavin

Offline rob@vems.co.uk

• BHP: 49
    • VEMS Forum
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 10:16:12 pm »
IIRC an H-Bridge is what the stepper driver is, but there would need to be specific code written in order to control the unique way that motor works.

Offline Sprocket

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2009, 04:37:24 am »
It is not suitable for VEMS. Its a 5v motor ::)

It is a common part though. This motor is from the BMW K1200, and I have just fitted the K1200 throttles to take advantage of the 'stepper' motor, LMFAO. The Mini uses either a unipolar throttle kicker on the SPi or a unipolar IACV on the MPi.

I have managed to tee in a Rover VVC IACV, which is bipolar without modification, lol. Just waiting until tomorrow to see if its going to be man enough on the 1/4" ports on each throttle :-\