Author Topic: Audi RS2  (Read 263259 times)

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
Re: Audi RS2
« Reply #315 on: December 29, 2009, 06:29:52 am »
Try and bump it 3-5degrees around the cruise spot and see how it likes it.

Offline AVP

• BHP: 11
« Reply #316 on: December 29, 2009, 02:06:17 pm »
so go into the 40ies then. Ok will do it gradually and report!

Offline AVP

« Reply #317 on: December 30, 2009, 01:33:31 pm »
1st test was succesfull. Now from 2500-3000rpm bins the timing goes from 36.75 to 39.00 which are the the areas of cruising for me and usually keeps it about 38deg. with EGTs going even further down,being stable at mid 750C. from 3000-3500, timing is set up to 40deg, and EGTs do not go over 800C. Engine 'sounds' fine, no signs of stiffening or struggling!

I may take it a bit further to check for more room.

thanks guys!

Offline AVP

« Reply #318 on: December 31, 2009, 06:08:28 pm »
im happy with the EGTs at the moment,but wont tamper with them anymore as i expect them to get better on the new setup with the reduced packpressure.

the service parts have arrived for next year so everything is set!

Holset is being modified and balanced...

Offline AVP

« Reply #319 on: December 31, 2009, 11:28:28 pm »
damn this good weather makes boost really high! 6th gear from 4000rpm reached 320kpa!! with a cutout though.

so recalibrated the boost control once again!

Offline AVP

« Reply #320 on: January 03, 2010, 04:15:26 am »
update:
timing curve recalibrated as i believe i started reaching the MBT for cruising. Stepped it back a bit and it appears to run nice with decent EGTs.

Boost curve and idle control completelly redone and it is running beautifully

Offline AVP

« Reply #321 on: January 14, 2010, 11:33:04 pm »
more updates,
yet another warm up enrichment and cranking settings uploaded.Good thing this cold weather is giving me a chance to setup all these things! very important. So i now reduced the warm up enrichment quite a bit and cranked up the crank enrichment to see the results. Car still cranks nicely and what do you know, it idles nicely as well!.

boost curve slightly altered and a few changes here and there regarding idling and coolant bins.

question: if i change injectors and simply plot in the correct req_fuel, so as the VE map may need very little changes, would that be the same story for the rest of the settings? cranking, warmup, afterstart...etc?

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #322 on: January 15, 2010, 02:26:28 am »
They are based on Req_fuel now so they would adjust automatically and only need minnor adjusting

Offline AVP

« Reply #323 on: January 15, 2010, 03:50:44 am »
good news...!

Offline Quattro

• BHP: 1
« Reply #324 on: January 15, 2010, 04:17:33 pm »
Hello, I bought a scotty diod (SR806) yesterday and will start to configure my idle now on my ABY engine,
 but could you please Post up your screenshots of all the idle control related windows? so i have something to start from..

I use Megatune and 1.1.27beta4

Have an Audi 90q-85 20vTurbo with Vems ecu, also own 2 Urquattro 20v-90

Offline AVP

« Reply #325 on: January 16, 2010, 12:33:16 am »
idle settings are very variable on each car.A starting point and settings have been posted here as well as on the s2forum

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1266308

the only way to tune it is to try lots of different variables and hope for the best.

I have now changed the tables giving one more line on the off boost table, so as to fine tune cruising and economy. I will post results.

Offline AVP

« Reply #326 on: January 28, 2010, 02:08:38 pm »
LS2 coil kit now ordered from Efiexpress!

will replace the current coil packs which still tend to give a couple of misfires on the high end revrange even though all changes have been made to accomodate with dwell time.

Offline Quattro

• BHP: 1
« Reply #327 on: January 28, 2010, 04:17:28 pm »
idle settings are very variable on each car.A starting point and settings have been posted here as well as on the s2forum

http://www.s2forum.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1266308

the only way to tune it is to try lots of different variables and hope for the best.

The pictures you have posted here and on s2forum dosen't work anymore, "the image has been moved or deleted,  photobucket"

I have tuned "idle PID ref table,PWM" so now it works fine, but when the fan starts the idle drops to 500rpm or the engine dies, what do i have to tune to fix that?

I have seen a lot of different values after the P,I,D that i tried but nothing works for me, which values do you have?
P ?
I ?
D ?
integral decrease limit ?
integral increase limit ?

and which number do you have here:
IAC actuator speed/pwm freq ?

Have an Audi 90q-85 20vTurbo with Vems ecu, also own 2 Urquattro 20v-90

Offline AVP

« Reply #328 on: January 28, 2010, 05:18:06 pm »
there are photos there,not mine that have the PID settings.i use the same settings
Start with those numbers and then play around with those.

Do all changes when you have a warm engine first, have it set, then go for cold starts and idle.

IAC actuator speed and pwm frequency varies as well. Use the ones that are on that thread and play around.

PID control :  start with what the numbers are there on the posted settings and do this test: Have A/C on so that the fan works on off and do small accel pedal presses until you see the idle not dropping after a release of the pedal. That way you will see that the PID is working for your car. The starting point is there, you just have to tweak it for your car. Needs lots of trying, fuel and frustration...

Offline AVP

« Reply #329 on: March 30, 2010, 02:53:08 am »
Right, need your help guys.

Connected and started the car today with the following changes:

1) high output ignition coils
2) 7A flywheel
3) larger throttle valve
4) 4bar FPR(instead of 3.8)
5) 630cc injectors instead of 440cc

car fired up, was running unsmothly, until i managed to change the reqfuel from the basic settings. However on each slight throttle depresion the engine was not running properly.

Then after a few tries here and there, the idle went to 1700-1900rpm with the car running rich.

On the log, i noticed that the rpm signal was going off the chart and coming back down, which is why the idle engine was completelly erratic

now, from the start, i had the: trigger error on the vems bottom area.

Things that have been checked are: Hall sender correct, VR sensors correct, i also have the hall inverter on the ECU.

Spark timing was checked and was the same on the megatune and the engine on idle.

i use 1.1.27 v.beta6 and i dont know what is going on at this stage.

the erratic rpm problem started after i tried to disable the ISV valve and timing idle settings so we could try and have stability on timing and play around the VE map a bit. However things became worse and did not change even when i enabled all these settings.

i later noticed that the problem was that the ECU was reading high rpm signal from somewhere. What could be sending this high rpm off the chart signal? i mean it was registering something like 14000rpm or something, momentaraly.

thanks
vasilis