Author Topic: Audi RS2  (Read 263198 times)

Offline AVP

• BHP: 11
Re: Audi RS2
« Reply #225 on: September 11, 2009, 05:42:58 am »
solenoid is made by mac and it is the turbosmart 3 port valve.
as for settings i use rpm/map.i will post them tomorrow

Offline AVP

« Reply #226 on: September 11, 2009, 01:13:58 pm »

Offline GintsK

• BHP: 50
« Reply #227 on: September 11, 2009, 09:11:29 pm »
IMO last table has nothing to do with above settings. Boost DC table is for alternative Boost control strategy. Or can be used for some other purpose where PWM needed.
I prefer use BoostAlt closed loop strategy. Easy and straightforward calibration, bulletproof.

Offline AVP

« Reply #228 on: September 12, 2009, 12:13:26 am »
im not sure that VEMS uses it this way or not but i have read that megatune uses the first horizontal line from the boost table as reference and this is why i have been using the values there.I could be wrong, but nonetheless i did fiddle with them.

whenever i tried to use boost alt with duty cycles it never seemed to work no matter what values i gave to the duty cycle. I presume that it has to do with the settings, but in the end this setup seems to work so its a keeper. It may be tweaked even more,but for now it is much better than the OEM solenoid

Offline AVP

« Reply #229 on: September 12, 2009, 05:31:17 pm »
i believe that e boost drop i have is 100% related to backpressure from the turbo and it is not worth trying to play around with the settings anymore. I can get the boost steady on 1.9bar on 3d gear all the way to the red line, but that would mean that the upper gears would go skyrocketing then.

the only way i could keep high boost on motronic was to stiffen the wastegate spring that would act progressively.By that i mean that i had it set in a way that on low revs it gave me 0.4bar of mechanical boost and as the revs got higher it went all the way up to 1.5bar to the redline. Now that kept the boost on 1.75 to 1.8bar to the red line but it wasnt safe to run that high mechanical boost. So i prefer in the end to keep the 0.4bar spring on the wastegate and get a small boost drop on lower gears, rather than keep the whole thing stressed.

since the next turbo will have much less backpressure,i expect this whole thing to settle anyway.

Offline AVP

« Reply #230 on: September 19, 2009, 02:39:26 am »
after doing a few more runs, i can say that im very pleased now with the results from VEMS. I havent used motronic for more than 4 months and i dont think i will need to.

as the weather is getting colder i have made some adjustments for cold start and they seem to work nice. Also im very pleased with the boost control as well. As far as timing and advance, im expecting a cable to 'listen' to knock sensors but so far the car feels and runs nicely without any hesitation and everything seems to be OK!

Next on the list is to fit the LCD from vems and hopefully see when the next official version will be available to make use of the new features.

Offline AVP

« Reply #231 on: September 21, 2009, 02:07:07 pm »
a big thanks to Gunni for his prompt replies on my recent misfire problem. Apparently the car had an earth cable and a spark plug slightly loose. Everything back to normal again!

Offline AVP

« Reply #232 on: October 07, 2009, 02:42:23 pm »
i have read somewhere that the cold start PW of the injectors should be something like 80% above the reg_fuel number in order to have a proper cold start or something?

my reg_fuel is 6 and i recently increaced the cold start injection so that @ 10-12C temp it reads about 11.0ms. it seemed to start better(im on alternate injections at crank) but then when i wanted to start moving the car and pressed the accel. due to probably the accel enrichments, and warm up enrichments the car dropped the revs almost stalling. I figure this is due to being too rich. Should i decrease the afterstart enrichment to compensate or the warm up enrichment?

EGO starts when temp goes to 30C so basically i need to fine tune that area a bit.

when the car starts lamda is about 0.93-0.94 with warmup enrich.being at 107-106

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #233 on: October 07, 2009, 04:07:00 pm »
If you look through your logs then you can see if it´s still in afterstart enrichment or if it´s in warmup.
Then you can know which to look at.

If it´s very cold then I´d take a look at the cold accel factor. It may be to high.

Offline AVP

« Reply #234 on: October 07, 2009, 06:20:00 pm »
i had never thought of that!

cold multiplication factor is indeed 80%
cold added factor was 1.5ms
should i make it 60%? and 1.0ms?

Offline gunni

• BHP: 37
« Reply #235 on: October 07, 2009, 09:16:52 pm »
Depending on the size of your injectors I´d first lower the added factor.

Only test one variable at a time. When you change many variables then you won´t know which was the right one to change.

Offline AVP

« Reply #236 on: October 07, 2009, 10:41:31 pm »
yes you are right

i tried the 80+ 1.0 instead of 1.5ms and seems to work better.
now on 10C external temp i have 11.5ms of crank pulse and the car struggled less to start,which was nice!

i will look into it a bit further!

thanks

Offline AVP

« Reply #237 on: October 07, 2009, 11:37:37 pm »
Here is my LCD display to be used on the car

Offline max

• BHP: 1
« Reply #238 on: October 08, 2009, 01:36:01 am »
Looks good!  8)

Offline AVP

« Reply #239 on: October 09, 2009, 02:36:21 pm »
i tried the accel. settings and there was minor improvement. is it correct what i am thinking of the rich mixture? when pressing the accel pedal, the car goes to stall. is that due to rich mix, or ,lean due to cold humidity buildup? I need to try increasing the cold enrichment factor to see the difference.

will report back!